Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Baldur's Gate 2 Is A Good (Or Great) Pc-Rpg

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well this one is not as bad as the first one you posted because at least it gives you the choice to kill the guy without negative consequence for you.
The awkward workaround sucks though, why not have the option to kill him rightaway.

Section8

Cipher
Is he the "Look behind u it r drizzt11!!!" tard that steals from you in plain sight and you're expected to just bend over and take it?

Lumpy

Arcane
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Well this one is not as bad as the first one you posted because at least it gives you the choice to kill the guy without negative consequence for you.
The awkward workaround sucks though, why not have the option to kill him rightaway.
It's the same quest actually.
You can either get him the books, or murderate him. But you can't even talk to him about that. Or to the guards. Or the bartender.
So, I talk to him, and he tells me his stupid template quest, like the dozens I posted in the other thread, then he tells me: "Hey is that <celebrity>?" The party has lost 25 gold.
What would the obvious reaction be? Talk to the punk and demand your money back. So I do it, and I get the exact same fucking words but a different celebrity, and The party has lost 50 gold. What the fuck? Really? I look in the journal, and apparently I decided not to make a fuss and get him his boots.

Zomg

Arbiter
As soon as I replay PS:T, someone brings up BG and I realize I've forgotten too much about that, too. I know it's in Forgotten Realms, the graveyard of hackdom, and uses an excruciatingly bad rules base faithfully, which puts it on life support right off of the bat. There's a huge amount of lawnmowing combat as well. The foundational RPG aspects I'm pretty hazy on. I do know that the last time I played it a bit I was able to jack the speed up immensely, which made everything more tolerable.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lumpy said:
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
It's the same quest actually.
You can either get him the books, or murderate him. But you can't even talk to him about that. Or to the guards. Or the bartender.
So, I talk to him, and he tells me his stupid template quest, like the dozens I posted in the other thread, then he tells me: "Hey is that <celebrity>?" The party has lost 25 gold.
What would the obvious reaction be? Talk to the punk and demand your money back. So I do it, and I get the exact same fucking words but a different celebrity, and The party has lost 50 gold. What the fuck? Really? I look in the journal, and apparently I decided not to make a fuss and get him his boots.

Oh, stupid mistake. I wasnt reading carefuly enough and thought that was another quest. Of course no arguing with what you said, its retarded.
The only thing which could explain it is that this is designed as some humourous encounter, but really it rather just sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom