Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the heck is this so expensive?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
for 50$ you could get food for a week or at least 2 weeks if not whole month for one person (depending on what you eat)
Sure, it wasn't a budget version. I need basic QoL goods: chocolate, beer, vending machine coffee.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
(also it's only $23 on nuuvem right now you tardos.)

This is the correct answer. And it's only $22 now. Brazilian shit economy is the gift that keeps on giving.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It's nearly 50 dorrah on steam. What. The. Fuck.

Not to mention the large number of 'editions'. Seriously are they stupid? I know RPGs are niche, but they are not this niche. Since they don't have a publisher because this was crowdfunded, they will keep all the money. Steam does get a cut, but it is much less than publishers and retail sellers would take.

And does anyone know what that space pig is? Is it an in game companion or just a shiny graphic you carry around?

Stop being poor and whiny.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Nobody has to pay more than R$ 69.99 for this game.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Can you buy on that site from europe? legit?
I bought a few games from them, but it was before region lock.

Few weeks ago they sent me a survey asking why I stopped buying.
5mOzq1v.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Ah yeah, region lock... :/

Oh well.

There is definitely no region lock when playing a nuuvem-bought PoE copy in Germany, but I don't know about Mars. We might be getting the ex-Nazi bonus here.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
ITT euros complain that a ~40-50 hour+ cRPG released in 2015 costs $45 - 15 dollars less than a new AAA game.

ITT euros complain that a ~40-50 hour+ cRPG released in 2015 costs $45 - 15 dollars less than a new AAA game.

It's $15 on GOG if you use a proxy in Ukraine.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Ah yeah, region lock... :/

Oh well.

There is definitely no region lock when playing a nuuvem-bought PoE copy in Germany, but I don't know about Mars. We might be getting the ex-Nazi bonus here.
Bro is in Sweden and he can't buy it on Nuuvem or f.e. even enter muve.pl page. Banning VPN is kinda idiotic, since he goes back to Poland every few weeks and buys shit here legally.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And why the heck is this thread still alive? People like me paid $120 so a-holes like OP can complain the game is too expensive.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Greenmangaming has it for 31.49 € in the VIP room.

bfouL2x.png

The base price for stuff on steam is more often than not what I would call the "idiot tax". For a lot of games, either looking for the boxed set on amazon (works for 90% of AAA games) or deals on sites like Greenman will get you a better price on release day than buying it on steam. Yeah, it's completely retarded when getting a boxed shipped to your home cost less than digital downloads.. steam is only worth using during its special sales.

Even in the case of PoE, the boxed edition is still cheaper to buy on amazon.fr than on steam. 39,90 euros on amazon, 41,99 euros on steam. Don't be one of those whales who reward digital download with higher prices. Piss on gaben's mouthole.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can you give me an idiot's guide on how to proxy to Argentina to get it from Nuuvem?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks bro.

Done and done. My God, that was quick, easy and most of all, cheap.

I feel like a tax evading company.

Then I remember every big company in Europe evades taxes; every single one of them.

Also when I was a kid games cost about 120$. So suck on that.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
It's nearly 50 dorrah on steam. What. The. Fuck.

Not to mention the large number of 'editions'. Seriously are they stupid? I know RPGs are niche, but they are not this niche. Since they don't have a publisher because this was crowdfunded, they will keep all the money. Steam does get a cut, but it is much less than publishers and retail sellers would take.

And does anyone know what that space pig is? Is it an in game companion or just a shiny graphic you carry around?
Because you didn't back it during the kickstarter when it was $20.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Here is the correct pricing (for those greedy fucks working in Obsidian/Paradox):

$20 - KS Early Backers
$25 - KS Regular Backers
$30 - Pre-orders
$35 - Release price for digital download (everywhere and for everyone)

42€ LOL WOT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom