Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was asfasdf banned?

std::namespace

crispy is a pedophile by the way

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
You look really bad in this Crispy because you were dishonest about the situation. If you had said "He wouldn't stop spamming nigger and faggot in shoutbox while offering nothing constructive so he got a temp ban" you would have been fine. But trying to act like you weren't involved when you instigated the process utterly destroys user confidence in you. I'm mostly commenting because I want to ask a question rather than make a judgement.

If asfd got banned because Crispy called his co mods/admins into action does that count as Crispy moderating shoutbox? I'm inclined to think it's moderation by proxy and I think asfd would have a good argument that Crispy moderated his ban.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
But trying to act like you weren't involved when you instigated the process utterly destroys user confidence in you.
I guess I can see how you'd come to the conclusion that I "tried to act like I wasn't involved" in his ban, but the fact is, as can plainly be seen, that I was not responsible for it. Involved in drawing attention to him that led to it? Sure. "Instigating" it? I think that's a stretch, but sure, why not? I instigated asf's ban from Shoutbox. A temporary ban, and one that more people than you're probably willing to admit are likely quite thankful for, but a ban nonetheless. As far as "user confidence" in me? I couldn't care less. It's always been that way; plenty of people here hate me, plenty of people here have no problem with me. Which are you?

I'm inclined to think it's moderation by proxy and I think asfd would have a good argument that Crispy moderated his ban.
It wouldn't be the first time. I've "influenced", even "instigated" Shoutbox bans on other people before. Theodora was my weapon of choice in those efforts. Is that moderating by proxy? Maybe. Is there any wording anywhere in the original agreement between DU, myself, and asf that prohibits that? Nope.

How is this any of your business, anyway?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
It wouldn't be the first time. I've "influenced", even "instigated" Shoutbox bans on other people before. @Theodora was my weapon of choice in those efforts. Is that moderating by proxy? Maybe. Is there any wording anywhere in the original agreement between DU, myself, and asf that prohibits that? Nope.

How is this any of your business, anyway?
Using technicalities to mod when you were paid $500s to not do it is really scummy. That's a lot of money over a stupid chat room.

How is it my business when I'm a user on the forum and the mods are acting sketchy? Well I'd like to think the mods respect the users enough to be honest with them and upfront. Taking fair feedback into consideration rather than looking down on us dirty plebs. I'm in no way involved in the drama, I have no horse in this race but no one else was pointing out you were moderating by proxy and I thought it needed to be raised.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Using technicalities to mod when you were paid $500s to not do it is really scummy.
It was Taluntain's decision to ban him, not mine. Is that a technicality? I mean you do realize the absurdity of the whole thing, don't you? I am no longer moderator of Shoutbox and never will be again. Hell, Shoutbox was very nearly permanently removed. Don't you see the irony in that?

How is it my business when I'm a user on the forum and the mods are acting sketchy? Well I'd like to think the mods respect the users enough to be honest with them and upfront
I meant the actual part between asf and myself. That's literally none of your business. However, believe it or not, I do respect the users here. That's precisely why I made the complaint in the first place. If you think I could have somehow appealed to asf's better nature to stop spamming all the shit he spams in Shoutbox every single day without cessation then you're utterly clueless, even for a newfag.

Taking fair feedback into consideration rather than looking down on us dirty plebs.
I don't look down on anyone, especially someone whom I'm not yet familiar with. And fair feedback is something I would always welcome, especially if my influence here were anywhere near as great as you seem to think it is.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
It was Taluntain's decision to ban him, not mine. Is that a technicality? I mean you do realize the absurdity of the whole thing, don't you? I am no longer moderator of Shoutbox and never will be again. Hell, Shoutbox was very nearly permanently removed. Don't you see the irony in that?
I'm not looking to get into a debate with you. It's not my place to decide who is and isn't banned. I'm just saying if someone gives you $500s to not do something and you do it by proxy you look awful. You should have completely walked away from any shoutbox moderation discussion. Even if you don't click the button being part of the 'team' discussing moderation makes you part of the decision. It's like saying "Look Bert, that woman left the keys in her car" and saying you're not responsible when Bert, who you know is a car thief steals the car. You must have know what you was doing was suggesting moderation action and that's hypocritical. I would hope any one with moderation responsibility wouldn't do something underhanded like that.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You must have know what you was doing was suggesting moderation action and that's hypocritical.
I've already stated (in Shoutbox, I think) that I was hoping someone would ban asf from Shoutbox. I have absolutely no problem admitting that. There are a lot of people whom I think should be banned from Shoutbox. There are also equally as many if not more that I think should be outright banned from the entire site. But that doesn't mean that's going to happen.

Taluntain is a big boy. He's capable of either acting on my complaint or ignoring it. He chose to act on it, and what you don't realize (and apparently refuse to even contemplate) is that there has been a long history with asf that Taluntain already was aware of. Your persistent point that I should have nothing whatsoever to do with who is or isn't banned from Shoutbox has been noted. You think it's scummy behavior, and you're entitled to your opinion. But that's not going to stop me from bitching about something if I think it's truly getting out of hand. Why? I guess I don't want to see this site continue to slide down the slippery slope of "my free speech rights include the freedom for me to post 'nigger' as often as I want to", which, by the way, has been addressed quite clearly and succinctly in The Rules long before you got here.

What would be hypocritical would be if I posted 'nigger' in Shoutbox myself, and, to be honest, I have. Not many times, but the point is that it's not being spammed. Should I be banned from Shoutbox for a week because of that, regardless of how often or how long ago? Actually, yeah. I probably should be. If Taluntain feels that'll even things out, so be it. Does that make you feel any better? You won't catch me whining about it if it happens; I accept responsibility for my actions.

It's like saying "Look Bert, that woman left the keys in her car" and saying you're not responsible when Bert, who you know is a car thief steals the car.
I find this to be a very poor analogy, but, you do realize you just implicated asf in being a Shoutbox criminal, right? Isn't that interesting...

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Everyone on Shoutbox seems to be a complete faggot and all it does is cause drama if this forum section is anything to go by. I really don't want to get into a debate. I'm just an old sod who felt like an issue wasn't being raised when it should have been so I did it. I can understand your point of view and I agree with you for the most part. It's clear there are people using shoutbox to start drama intentionally and shit the place up. They should be dealt with

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The fact that Crispy drew my attention to asf's shitposting in the shoutbox is really irrelevant, I would've temp-banned him no matter who bothered to ping me about it. Or maybe everyone's preferred solution would be DU's way of handling things by just turning the shitbox off again? I expect not.

Honestly, this whole thread is a waste of space, time and effort over a week's ban of a shitposter from the shoutbox. But it wouldn't be the Codex if there wasn't a 25 page DRAMA!!!!!111 thread even over this.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
The fact that Crispy drew my attention to asf's shitposting in the shoutbox is really irrelevant, I would've temp-banned him no matter who bothered to ping me about it. Or maybe everyone's preferred solution would be DU's way of handling things by just turning the shitbox off again? I expect not.

Honestly, this whole thread is a waste of space, time and effort over a week's ban of a shitposter from the shoutbox. But it wouldn't be the Codex if there wasn't a 25 page DRAMA!!!!!111 thread even over this.
It's relevant because it makes him part of the moderation process and he was paid not to be. You're also looking pretty bad with this response. The 'drama' isn't over a ban, most people don't seem to care either way (me included). But users do care about the mods acting in respectable ways. Mods are always fags (there will never be an exception) but try to be honest fags when someone bribes you. Some of us may want to bribe you in the future and don't want our deals squelched on.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Repeated posting of 'niggers' in Shoutbox after having posted 'fags' and 'X is gay' over and over and over and over again literally for years defines asf as a shitposter. It wasn't just the 'niggers' thing.

That's why he was TEMPORARILY banned from Shoutbox.
butthurt nigger faggot gay californian with the back paddling. If u so annoyed with his hourly fag posts just put him on ignore you drama queen.
:troll:
Crispy really should get his
besttagever.gif
award back.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
DarkUnderlord, Crispy should give asfasf's money back, since he is admitting to still be moderating the shoutbox, but by proxy, no? In the real world, this "trick" is abused, but as an attorney, I can assure you that it is never admitted in a court of law. Specifically because it violates one of the oldest and most significant rules governing private contracts: the parties must act in good faith. Given that Crispy continues to moderate the shoutbox, being irrelevant if directly or indirectly (by proxy, as someone said above), he is not acting in good faith. As such, he ought to reimburse asf's money along with interest (typically 1% per month due to legal considerations), doesn't he?

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I don't get it. Why was Asf banned exactly?

For posting the word NIGGERS too often? For only posting NIGGERS once per day? For talking about NIGGERS and their general NIGGER behavior?

How many times should one post about NIGGERS? Is one time talking about NIGGERS not enough? Is two times talking about NIGGERS too many?

All I'm getting out of this is that Theo hasn't been doing his job, so Codex staff started reporting users themselves. :M

Percy

Cipher
Whelp, since Roxor went ahead and broke the code, I might as well show the entire post for context. Judge me as you will:

QLLvYY3.jpg

I'd also like Infinitron to confirm that I specifically turned down his recent offer to make me moderator of Shoutbox again, because I refuse to break the agreement I made with asf about it. asf paid the money, the change is permanent. I could show screenshots of that exchange with Infinitron, but since it was made in the Admin section -- which is supposed to be sacrosanct -- I won't.

Edit: I forgot, I'd also like to publicly retract the segment about asf never posting anything else in the forums. I was unaware of his involvement with Prelude to Darkness so I acknowledge that. That part was unfair of me to say, privately or otherwise, but I stand by everything else I said about his behavior here.

Is this supposed to prove that asfasdf was being unreasonable in calling you a fag repeatedly :-D

If anything, you should get your undisputed queen of faggotry tag back.

Fag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom