Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WOTC to release entire D&D back catalog electronically

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
So remember how 2-3 years ago WOTC withdrew their entire D&D pdf catalog from Drivethru due to piracy? Well now they will put it all back up online soon.

And to think, this announcement (which came at the recent Gen Con) comes just weeks after Demonoid, the torrent site with the largest collection of rpg pdfs in the world was shut down permanently.

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah, funny isn't it. But demonoid was getting a bit shitty for RPG rulebooks, at least I had to get the VtM and some of the most recent 40kRP supplements from somewhere else.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Truly? I heard that Demonoid had the latest VtM offering, the 20th anniversary Kickstarter funded mega giant book.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
so, sorry for the semi-ot, but what should i use now instead of demonoid?

Quilty

Magister
Yeah, I can't seem to find rpg related stuff on most torrent sites. I was too used to Demonoid.

catfood

AGAIN
I am in the same predicament as the two gentlemen above me. Pray tell what digital distributor shall I use for my RPG electronic books needs?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
so, sorry for the semi-ot, but what should i use now instead of demonoid?
Yeah, I can't seem to find rpg related stuff on most torrent sites. I was too used to Demonoid.
I am in the same predicament as the two gentlemen above me. Pray tell what digital distributor shall I use for my RPG electronic books needs?

I would like to take this oppertunity to remind everyone that posting actual directions to warez is against the rules of the forums. Play nice, kids.

Alex

Arcane
[HERESY] I was able to find lots of less known stuff there.

[edit]

Pretty please let's not go there. Discussing the ramfications of piracy on the industry is a-ok. Providing directions is not. Use PMs if you must so I can deny all knowledge.
- Ulminati

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I would like to take another shot at pointing out rule #3: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rules-of-the-codex-enhanced-edition-2012.70110/

3. Piracy: We do not mind discussions about piracy, however posts that are seeking or promoting pirated versions of games will be warned, the offending text may be edited out and it may result in a ban if you do it too often. As clarification: "I am seeking and / or promoting a pirated version of something" == BAD vs "Let us have a genuine discussion about piracy and the impacts it has on the game industry" == OKAY. Some Moderators are more anal retentive about this than others. You will have to learn to cope.

I am fairly anal-rententive about this, but I'd rather not have to use the shiny buttons and checkboxes in red and orange colours if I can avoid it.

Alex

Arcane
I really don't see how what I said was any worse than saying "There are pirated movies and songs in 4shared.", or something like that. I mean, I didn't even give the name of the hubs where I found rare stuff, much less the name of the user.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck, 30 minutes late. Could the damning link be provided to the demanding populace (ie me) via a PM?

EDIT: Since when is anybody, who is not Jaesun, actually bothering to moderate around here?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
For crying the fuck out ppl, haven't you heard of Google?

Anyhow, this isn't much to be hyped up about, as the back catalog is mostly shit. The gems are the original campaign settings in AD&D, AD&D art, and 4e stuff (Darksun setting book is not bad at all) I will say though that the AD&D 2e stuff was quite cheap back in 2009. I bought some stuff there myself, when I had savings.

mondblut

Arcane
Fuck, 30 minutes late. Could the damning link be provided to the demanding populace (ie me) via a PM?

I second (well, fifth really) that. The life is not the same without a daily routine Demonoid check for another pdf I'll never bother to read. A PM, please.

Alex, if you meant [I didn't learn anything from Ulminati trying to warn people nice and friendly], you could be more specific.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Any subsequent posts in this thread talking about how to go about getting pirated content will find themself on a one-way trip to retardoland. I tried asking nicely people. Apparently that didn't work.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Haha, oh wow. Look, we've removed the books you've legally bought from us. Don't worry, though, they are back online so you can buy them again!

Marsal

Arcane
Pretending to have your post edited to harvest sympathy with the rebels in the mountains is a crime against El Presidente.
Bros, you can get all the stuff at [That's it, you criminal scum, I warned you nicely]. It has absolutely every imaginable RP system in existence. Most of the stuff is hosted on a FTP server, so it's mostly direct links, none of that waiting and captcha shit. I've downloaded over 200 GB in scanned PDFs of some of the older stuff (2GB of Cyberpunk 2020 just finished). ITZ HAEVAN!!!

EDIT: Fuck that loser, knowledge is free!

Marsal

Arcane
Damn, I didn't even notice this warning until now. What kind of shitty warning is that anyway, Ulminati? I didn't "pretend" to have edited the post, I DID edit the post. Look, it even says "edit" in capital letters. I never mentioned your name in the post. Observe, no names of any faggy mods in the post. What you inferred from the post is your problem.

4c6.gif

Edit: Information on rebels successfully trolled is available for purchase, El Presidente. The rebel movement is quite numerous, it seems.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wonder if they are going to use that system PF uses for PDFs where they embed your personal info EVERYWHERE in the pages.

deuxhero

Arcane
The subscriber info is apparently EVERYWHERE in them and well hidden at times. Like in microprint in the borders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom