Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WOTC to release entire D&D back catalog electronically

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That is p. ridiculous.

deuxhero

Arcane
It seems to have worked though, books only get on the internet at large after the general release without that kind of stuff (though likely because everyone knows the "clean" PDF will get released soon enough that scrubbing it isn't worth the effort).

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm now glad what downloaded 4 Gb of AD&D 2ed manuals and wrote them to DVD.

P.S.
Ulminati - copyrightfag. Duly noted.

Corvinus

Arcane
Avast, ye louts! Thar be nay scurvy-ridd'n pirates be allowed ht' flab th'r gob 'bout loot an' such 'n here, lest ye gets ther' walk th' plank!

I'm just wondering; Why is it so? Avoid unwanted attention from :keepmyjewgold:, or what? I mean, many companies behave in a very hostile and dishonest way against regular people consumers, and apparently it's a crime to accept a gift from someone who freely shares what he got with others, without wanting anything in return.

Example:
Person A -I bought a couple of fishes from the store. Here, please take one!
Person B -Thanks. I've been looking for something to tastefully rape eat.
The Brazilian Slaughter -JEW can't do that without paying the store! It's a CRIME!

Not wanting to start a discussion about the so-called "piracy" (but maybe, I just did, and then you know exactly where I stand, regarding this matter), I'm just wondering why it is not tolerated. Any moderator care to clarify?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm just wondering; Why is it so?

Because it's in the rules of the codex that you agreed to follow when you signed up, even if you didn't bother reading them. Telling people where to get pirated shit is a no-no because we'd rather nip it in the bud than ending up in some sort of grey area until a bunch of kwanzanian lawyers come for DUs beer money. And since I agreed to moderate the gazebo it also means I have to make sure the posts aren't breaking the rules. There's a sticky with them in site feedback if you'd like a refresher.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I can imagine BioWare, Bethesda or the likes searching our forum for a pirate bay link, just to let slip the lawyers of war and forever shut the Codex... we may have made too many shiverring developers as enemies, so it's better to play safe.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
The art in the old D&D books is often amazing. The books are worth it just for the art's sake.

Yeah, but the money isn't going to support the people who made them. At best, they'll use the money to publish some popamole D&D lookalike.

Marsal

Arcane
I can imagine BioWare, Bethesda or the likes searching our forum for a pirate bay link, just to let slip the lawyers of war and forever shut the Codex... we may have made too many shiverring developers as enemies, so it's better to play safe.

:lol: Yes, they have nothing better to do, than lurk and plot our demise.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm just wondering; Why is it so? Avoid unwanted attention from :keepmyjewgold:, or what? I mean, many companies behave in a very hostile and dishonest way against regular peopleconsumers, and apparently it's a crime to accept a gift from someone who freely shares what he got with others, without wanting anything in return.

Example:
Person A -I bought a couple of fishes from the store. Here, please take one!
Person B -Thanks. I've been looking for something to tastefully rape eat.
The Brazilian Slaughter -JEW can't do that without paying the store! It's a CRIME!

Not wanting to start a discussion about the so-called "piracy" (but maybe, I just did, and then you know exactly where I stand, regarding this matter), I'm just wondering why it is not tolerated. Any moderator care to clarify?

We need to find a place where Codexers can secretly help each other in our piracy, like some hidden forum or some free forum we set up in a far-away eastern european country that only accepts proven codexers.

I know this brazilian comics forum that set-up a SeKret Komics Scans Kommunity in the form of a forum, where they share all the cool scanned comics links. The host is in Romenia, so no worries. I will not tell you the adress publicy, of course, I would have to kill all the Codexers who see it.
Or you do not give a fuck a simply browse /co/

EDIT: I hope writing this wasn't also against the rules. I guess only time will tell if I will suffer the wrath of the noble scion of Hamlet.

Corvinus

Arcane
I'm just wondering; Why is it so?

Because it's in the rules of the codex that you agreed to follow when you signed up, even if you didn't bother reading them. Telling people where to get pirated shit is a no-no because we'd rather nip it in the bud than ending up in some sort of grey area until a bunch of kwanzanian lawyers come for DUs beer money. And since I agreed to moderate the gazebo it also means I have to make sure the posts aren't breaking the rules. There's a sticky with them in site feedback if you'd like a refresher.
Well, I was only curious, that's all. The :keepmyjewgold:reason it is, then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom