Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you like Obsidian to develop TES: New Vivec?

Do you want Obsidian to develop a TES title?

• Yes! They did a great job with New Vegas.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! They have no connection to the TES games.

• I don't care about TES anymore.

• If by "fix" you mean the exact same shit as before, then no. (Skyway)

• I liked Oblivion. (BLOBERT)

• Let id Software do it (kingcomrade)

• Total voters

Achilles

Arcane
There seems to be a more or less general consensus that Obsidian managed to "fix" the Fallout 3 franchise by injecting a good dose of RPG in it. With that in mind, after the certain turd that will be TES V, would you want Obsidian to swoop in and save the day with a TES: Something Something?

Discuss!!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nah... I would rather they do something new, unless it's Fallout.

For TES just hire the writers of Morrowind back that left before Oblivion... problem solved in that area.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ooooh yes. Even though they don't have any connection to the setting, there is no doubt that they could create something infinitely more awesome than Bethesda who managed to horribly rape their own setting.

While I haven't played MotB yet, I only heard good things about story and setting here on the Codex, things that would fit very well into the TES setting.

Yes but it won't happen.
Bethesda can't have it that the franchise they created is being outdone by some amateurish smalltime developer called Obsidian.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
While I cant see Bethesda allowing them to make a new TES game I hope that they will make a spin off in the setting.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Well, now that the survivors of Morrowind's destruction have been driven underground, they could do a game in that setting. Feuding groups of miners, vast cavern systems to explore, an epic journey to the center of Tamriel...

Gothic + Ultima Underworld + Morrowind + bugs

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Well, now that the survivors of Morrowind's destruction have been driven underground, they could do a game in that setting. Feuding groups of miners, vast cavern systems to explore, an epic journey to the center of Tamriel...

Gothic + Ultima Underworld + Morrowind + bugs

Sounds like perfect Arx Fatalis sequel.

Relay

Educated
The only thing Obsidian does better is writing and writing has NEVER been the point of a sandbox RPG. Don't let that bunch of no-good modders touch TES, just bring the people who made Daggerfall and some of the people who made Morrowind back and make sure it doesn't feel like a walking simulator and it'll be good. (fast travel from Daggerfall > long Morrowalk.)

Obsidian cannot into gameplay.

Ancient

Erudite
only if Avellone will be lead designer or project director
Anything he touches , turns gold :love:

Deleted member 7219

Obsidian are now a serious contender with Bioware for the title of best RPG developer. Lets see how Dragon Age II turns out but from what we've seen so far, I don't see how it can be a better RPG than New Vegas.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What Obsidian should really concentrate on right now is on acquiring more established franchise names so that they could make a few more sequels.

Felix

Arcane
Why bother with NWN2 engine when they have Onyx and DS 3 looks better than anything Bioware ever produce ? :M

Mortmal

Arcane
Why add "I lkes oblivion" BLOBERT? The guy never said it was a great rpg, he probably enjoyed it like an arcade game a "beat them up",like golden axe on megadrive for example. Who never had fun with hack and slash games? I certainly played many of of them back in the amiga era.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I don't care about TES anymore. It's now a shit series that has long since died and the corpse is overwhelmingly smelling of rancid decay. It needs to be put down.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Only if Tardellone has nothing to do with it.

"Kreia is my mouthpiece for everything I hate about the Force, and then I let her rant."

FFS.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Jaesun said:
I don't care about TES anymore. It's now a shit series that has long since died and the corpse is overwhelmingly smelling of rancid decay. It needs to be put down.

So is your mom but I still pound her. :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes. They are versatile enough to be able to pull out a quality take on any setting. They did it with KOTOR 2 (as much as they could before the deadline), with MoTB, and now with NV.

An Elder Scrolls game, reimagined by Obsidian would be very interesting, particularly now that they have some experience with sandbox games of the Bethesda mold.

Hobo Elf said:
What Obsidian should really concentrate on right now is on acquiring more established franchise names so that they could make a few more sequels.

What other established RPG franchises are there these days?

Achilles

Arcane
Mortmal said:
Why add "I lkes oblivion" BLOBERT? The guy never said it was a great rpg, he probably enjoyed it like an arcade game a "beat them up",like golden axe on megadrive for example. Who never had fun with hack and slash games? I certainly played many of of them back in the amiga era.

Well I didn't write "Oblivion is a great RPG", I used his exact words. It's basically the " nothing wrong with Bethesda" choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom