Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News WTF - Baldur's Gate complete remake for NWN2 released

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Grand waste of time. The Aurora engine is a shitheap.

Pretty much.

I'm all for mods that improve the visuals of old games respectfully, like say Deus Ex's "New Vision," but I have no idea why I would choose NWN2's problems over the nice artistic look of BG.

skyst

Augur
Just in case anyone was wondering, the world is well created within the NWN2 engine; it's interesting to see a 3D take on the BG world. That said, pathfinding, AI, lines of sight and numerous other nitpicky engine issues culminated and made me want to punch myself in the dick and destroy my computer after clearing the Gnoll Stronghold and hauling the now-a-Sorcerer Dynaheir out of her hole.

I made it further with BGEE. o_O

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seeing the familiar world from different, more intimate perspective is basically the main point of playing those things. It worked very well with BG: Redux, even though the actual gameplay was shit (recreating the exact same encounters made fighting completely unbalanced, which shows you were the modders priorities lie). I had a blast exploring Irenicus's Dungeon and I can't wait for the Athkatla module, although it's possible that the experience might become tiresome. I don't think it will though.

I'd play this thing. Too shity pc at the moment though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom