Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Drax

Arcane
Hi, my name is Drax and my first ES game was Oblivion and... I kinda liked it.
:negative:
But then I saw the light!
:outrage:
And now I know the right path
:flamesaw:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Liking Morrowind is a matter of taste, but anyone preferring Oblivion is obviously a subnormal.
Is it a matter of taste though? I love TES lore, I love the higher complexity of morrowind compared to oblivion and skyrim, I love the art, but the gameplay wasn't great for me and for the first 20 or so hours I wasn't having as much 'fun' as other games. But then suddenly it clicked for me and I'm clearing dungeons and quests like there's no tomorrow. Nearing 100 hours now.

If a game is a quality product, won't someone recognize it eventually as long as they don't give up?

Also a 15 year old friend of mine's computer went bust, now he only has one with an onboard graphics card and such. I advised him to try morrowind, without mods he runs it well enough. I half expected him to give up. A year ago he was still on his console playing Call of Duty, now he's switched to PC and playing this.

Him: qeust markers
Him: ?
Him: Compass?
Akratus: lol
Akratus: wat r u casul
-
Him: The hitboxes are fucked up or something
Him: I can barely hit anyone
-
Him: lol
Him: rats killed me
Him: healt restores over time
Him: ?
-
Him: I liek dis game
-
Him: duuude
Him: assasin
Him: ded
Him: lelelelel

He was doing fighter's guild quests after like an hour. No trouble finding Cosades for him. :salute:

Last edited:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i hated morrowing IT HATED IT I HATED IT I FUCKING HATED IT

got bored and quit in under 2 hrs if i remember right

Kalon

Scholar
I wonder if anyone goes for medium armor in this game and what would be the reasoning. I guess Ordinator armor is very cool but other than that...
I do, because I play the vanilla Warrior class. Medium is not as good as heavy, but it lets you enough encumbrance to carry all your loot.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm using medium armor on this, my first character:
4d1b1e99fc.png
Picked it because it seemed like a fitting middle ground for my mage warrior.

Any rookie mistakes in there?

Also can I rename my character with the console? I usually never use my online nickname, breaks immersion now when I see it.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
I'm using medium armor on this, my first character:
4d1b1e99fc.png
Picked it because it seemed like a fitting middle ground for my mage warrior.

Any rookie mistakes in there?
Try and find a place to dump your alchemy equipment, that shit's heavy. Also figure out which of you keys you're going to need in the long run, then put the others somewhere.

Find a magic belt and wear a magic amulet.

Kalon

Scholar
No, looks good for a custom-made spellsword class. There is such a huge gap in the light armor class between chitin and glass that medium seems a good choice to me. Plus the dreugh cuirass is so handsome.

MWaser

Arbiter
The rookie mistake is having speechcraft anywhere near major/minor skills as a mage (since fortify personality is so good)

Then again might be role-playing so I'm not judging. It's not like Morrowind requires intense minmaxing to become overpowered anyway

Also I approve of your race choice, Akratus.

Kalon

Scholar
Also I approve of your race choice, Akratus.

As much as I love the Dunmer, it always feels weird when people call me "outlander", so I tend to play other races. Except when doing the MQ or joining a great house.

Mm-hm, they make a point of noting that foreign-born Dark Elves are incredibly easy for Dunmer to pick out. The way you talk, the way you dress, habits etc all blend together to form one giant bowl of 'you're not from around here' soup.

Kalon

Scholar
Nevertheless, doesn't feel right to have Nords calling my Dunmer an outlander. I'd have liked if the devs had added some extra lines in case of a Dunmer player character.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Nevertheless, doesn't feel right to have Nords calling my Dunmer an outlander. I'd have liked if the devs had added some extra lines in case of a Dunmer player character.
IIRC "outlander" refers to "not from Vvardenfell", not "not Dunmer".

MWaser

Arbiter
Just an anagram? My character was a direct descendant of Lord Nerevar Indoril, 4 generations apart, Dagren Indoril. I wrote Ordinator Armor and then killed the Ordinators who told me I'm not worthy of wearing armor of the House Indoril. Didn't join any houses, either.

Kalon

Scholar
a direct descendant of Lord Nerevar Indoril, 4 generations apart

Four generations apart ? Nerevar used to live at least 2000 years before the Nerevarine iirc. Although with elves you never know.

MWaser

Arbiter
a direct descendant of Lord Nerevar Indoril, 4 generations apart

Four generations apart ? Nerevar used to live at least 2000 years before the Nerevarine iirc. Although with elves you never know.
That's the point, the mer live for a very long time. Besides, recall that Nerevar's wife was Almalexia. If there had ever been an unknown child from this line, they might have some borrowed divinity like Almalexia as well (even though they only used Kagrenac's tools after Nerevar's death, you never know how family lines work in these fucked up universes)

Or the family line might be blessed by Azura.

Last edited:

Kalon

Scholar
So, your character thinks he's a descendant of a well-hidden child of Nerevar and Almalexia ? Talk about delusions of grandeur...

Kalon

Scholar
and everybody worships you :smug:

Oh, you mean everybody greeting you with "E-E-Excuse me sera, b-b-bbbut....". Yea, although it doesn't feel so much as being worshipped and more like everyone insta-shit their pants when you talk to them. I'm surprised there are no mods that really flesh out the Nerevarine Cult once you really are the Nerevarine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom