Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zeo Punctuation on Mass Effect

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
D0uble R00fles!

P.S. Actually, that last aprt is probably true.. if you find... writing about a teenie bopper have hot monkey sex with her older adoptiove pop while have fantasies about an ugly man centuries old putting his dick in her as 'stimulating'.

L0LLIGAGZ!

Keldorn

Scholar
Volourn said:
Considering all the qyoting is about the quality of writing, the implication is clear - sarcastic or not.

I never actually claimed that you stated NWN & TW had better writing.

Fact.

You can infer, assume and surmise what you *wish*.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I never claimed you claimed anything. i calimed you IMPLIED it. HUGE difference.

Fact.

Keldorn

Scholar
Volourn said:
D0uble R00fles!

P.S. Actually, that last aprt is probably true.. if you find... writing about a teenie bopper have hot monkey sex with her older adoptiove pop while have fantasies about an ugly man centuries old putting his dick in her as 'stimulating'.

L0LLIGAGZ!

So you reduce all art to the most easily observable, rudimentary, elementary, concrete physical activity it happens to refer to ? But that is not it's intent for existing in the first place. The intent is to get you to acknowledge the big picture, the metaphors, the symbolisim, the abstractions, and immerse yourself in the realm of imaginative dynamism. The specific raw physical acts can be viewed as temporary, tangible manifestations of greater issues, concepts, conflicts and considerations.

The intellectual scope of your perspective is not even juvenile, it is utterly pre-pubescent.

Not that Keldorn hates you or anything...

I actually appreciate your obstinate, childish, shallow, myopic brashness, as being indicative of great energy, pride and intensity.

Keldorn

Scholar
Volourn said:
I never claimed you claimed anything. i calimed you IMPLIED it. HUGE difference.

Fact.

But are implications as objective and universal as facts are ? Or are they more open to (hyper-sensitive) interpretation, and individual perceptive variance ?

Keldorn

Scholar
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Sure, if I try certain songs on Expert or even ridiculously difficult ones on Hard, I fail out faster than a lazy pothead in law school, but that doesn't seem wrong at all.

Hey, that just doesn't sound right (in a spiritual/artistic sense). I mean, potheads in law school harm their chances, no doubt, but take my word for it... potheads in music (all styles excluding the classically trained ones) ? It's certainly not detrimental to improvising spontaneous solos over chord patterns, as the origins of American Jazz and Blues were very much immersed in Cannabis culture, and they were some of the highest (!) examples of improvisational skill ever, going back to Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, and others.

Apart from very rare exceptions, the vast majority of Jazz, Rock, Blues, Fusion, Metal, etc. players are NOT pot abstainers.

Heck, even the best flamenco soloist in the world, Paco de Lucia, is a self-admitted pothead.

anyhoo, sorry for the supreme interjection...

Lurkar

Scholar
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Lurkar said:
The issue isn't that they're hard. Lots of things on Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 3 are hard. The issue is, they're as close to "impossible" as you can get without making it so completely obvious that people don't bother. To put it another way - they aren't even feasably doable unless each of you've gone through years of very specific martial training to allow your fingers to move faster then any normal person's fingers can.

What songs exactly are you talking about and on what difficulty? Because at least on Hard it isn't impossibly difficult to me and I am far from good at Guitar Hero. Sure, if I try certain songs on Expert or even ridiculously difficult ones on Hard, I fail out faster than a lazy pothead in law school, but that doesn't seem wrong at all. I should fail because I'm not an Expert. Just like it's stupid for an inexperienced FPS player to whine because Doom on Ultra-Violence or Nightmare is too hard, it's stupid for someone to whine they bit off a challenge too great for them in Guitar Hero. I could sympathize if the lowest difficulty was incredibly hard or some such, but it just seems kind of baseless a complaint with the way things are.

Oh, I refer to expert difficulty, not hard. And yeah, it's that very last section of songs that kicks my ass *continuously.* My issue is, I'm not improving. At all. I mean, it took me awhile, but I slowly and finally edged my way into beating all the songs on GH2 on expert, though I doubt I'll ever five or four star some of them. But I beat them because they were beatable. It took me time, but I slowly got better and better as I played the song and got the stuff down. I'm not getting any better at GH3. The songs kick my ass just as hard now as they did when someone I know because I'm a cheap bastard got the game.

Keldorn

Scholar
Jeff Graw said:
For God's sake, there's an edit button. Use it.

Typical desolate, miserable, conformist, deadmontonian pea-brain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom