Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Jupiter Hell now on Kickstarter [turn based, roguelike, top-down, pew-pew]
Game News - posted by Bubbles on Thu 17 November 2016, 08:29:12Tags: ChaosForge; Jupiter Hell
ChaosForge, the developers of DoomRL, have brought their next game to Kickstarter. The project page for their turn based roguelike Jupiter Hell is full of words like "streamlined", "accessible", and "new audiences", and the game's setting is basically Doom without the copyrighted bits:
Rip and tear! If that doesn't have you hyped yet, the developers are also promising "resource management and decision-based character progression" and "tactical and strategic depth", as well as permadeath mechanics and a bunch of other stuff:
- Classic roguelike! - Turn-based, grid based, procedurally generated environments and permadeath.
- Several difficulty levels and dozens of challenge modes - no matter what skill level, there will be always something more to achieve, something nastier to master
- Dynamic animation system - despite being turn-based, you never wait for the player to move, play as fast as you like and see the animation adapt to it
- Streamlined UI and gameplay - no need for manuals, just jump in. Whether you want the easy way of playing by mouse, or the fast way by keyboard, the game offers both.
- G(l)orious visuals - explosions, blood, dynamic shadows, effects galore.
- Randomness! - from the big to the small, Jupiter Hell will never feel samey - the plot and missions will vary each game, the procedural levels will provide new tactical challenges, and even small finishing touches like background furniture will have variety to give a handmade feel.
- Loot - Raid corpses and plunder secret corporate storehouses for kick-ass new weapons and armour.