Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
The Age of Decadence's final update adds features and improvements from Dungeon Rats
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 24 March 2017, 00:20:13Tags: Dungeon Rats; Iron Tower Studio; The Age of Decadence; Vince D. Weller
It's still a bit strange to think of The Age of Decadence as an old game, it having been a vaporware project for so many years and therefore eternally new. Today, almost a year and a half after its release, Iron Tower Studio's inaugural title has received its final update, which backports features and mechanics improvements from combat crawl spinoff Dungeon Rats. An announcement on the game's Steam page has the details:
While the changes are too numerous (and in many cases too minor) to list, here is an overview:
- Overhead combat info
- New passive for axes
- Mouse cursor shows enemies' HPs
- Expanded info on weapon types
- THC, CS and ADC stats on area of effect attacks.
- Tweaked CS formula for aimed strikes.
- Ranged weapons use Perception for aimed: arms and legs attacks
- Whirldwind effect for daggers, swords and 1h spears is bleeding instead of knockdown; higher chance to score.
- Bombs: increased damage and vsDR bonus; the center of explosion does more damage and increases critical strike chance by 50% (goes down with every tile). CON is more effective. 25 + Center of Explosion Bonus - (Victim CON-6) x25; better visuals and sound.
- The Crafting screen now separates schematics by weapon type and armor material and orders them alphabetically.
- You can now select techniques without the required materials, to preview the bonuses.
Together with the final content update released in December that expanded the game's ending, AoD's long journey is now truly over. It's full steam ahead to the Colony Ship RPG.