Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Battle Brothers Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 24 March 2017, 21:25:45Tags: Battle Brothers; Overhype Studios
Battle Brothers, the strategy RPG from Hamburg-based Overhype Studios where you lead a mercenary company in a gritty fantasy world, was released out of Early Access today after over three years of development. Despite the fact that it might not actually be an RPG, the game has become extremely popular on our forums as well with Josh Sawyer and his cool person clique™ at Obsidian Entertainment, and it's a strong contender for our game of the year. Have I mentioned that it features the excellent writing of the Codex's own sser? Here's its release post and launch trailer, which feels like it should have been a gameplay trailer, but that's cool too:
It’s here and it’s done! We’re excited to see the finished Battle Brothers graduate from Early Access and be fully released today, on March 24th, 2017.
Creating this game together with you has been a long and rewarding adventure, and we’re very happy with what the game has grown to become. We hope you enjoy playing Battle Brothers as much as we enjoyed developing it – and given a successful launch, this won’t be the end of the road.
With the game’s release, the soundtrack is now also available as a separate DLC. If you’re the owner of the Deluxe or Supporter edition, it’ll be automatically delivered to you via Steam. The Art & Lore book will become available in the coming weeks.
Let’s celebrate this momentous occasion with our new story trailer for launch and final feature list of the Battle Brothers 1.0 release.
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat along with new contracts, enemies and events.
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
- 70 Steam Achievements and Steam Trading Cards