Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Underworld Ascendant Pre-Alpha Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 10 August 2017, 23:24:55Tags: OtherSide Entertainment; Underworld Ascendant
As promised last week, OtherSide released the Underworld Ascendant pre-alpha to eligible backers today. Turns out it's not just for backers at the $75 tier but also for anybody who may have paid just $5 for the prototype back in 2015, which is pretty cool. As for the pre-alpha itself, its physics are a bit wonky and the textures look half-baked, but it's finally a real game, not just a tech demo with skeletons. Our resident Underworld watcher Nekot-The-Brave had some fun with it. Watch him run around killing Lizardmen and smashing crates while listening to the ominous intonations of Stephen Russell:
- The game’s visual bar and core tenets of combat, stealth, and magic.
- The world as an interactive toybox full of interesting opportunities for the player to experiment with and areas that provide unique opportunities and challenges.
- Interactive elements that the player can combine with skills, spells, and each other, such as:
- Physics-based traps that can be manipulated and exploited.
- Spreading fire that can be weaponized.
- Caches of useful items.
- “Glue bulbs” that can stick to objects.
- An initial implementation of rewarding the player for creativity.
- The implementation of skills, combat, stealth, and spells is all still preliminary work. We will be refining and honing how they work, adding functionality, and polishing usability.
- You may encounter bugs and it lacks the full range of weapons, skills, magic, and meta elements such as quest selection and player growth.
- Check the build notes for further details.