Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Avernum 3: Ruined World announced, coming Q1 2018
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 12 September 2017, 15:01:14Tags: Avernum 3: Ruined World; Spiderweb Software
As expected, the next game from Jeff Vogel's Spiderweb Software is Avernum 3: Ruined World, the remake of 2002's Avernum 3, which was a remake of 1997's Exile 3: Ruined World. It'll be the final Avernum remake, and the final Spiderweb game before Jeff has to come up with something new. As with Avadon 3 last year, he seems to have put up the game's Steam page before formally announcing it on his website. Here's its trailer and description:
The conclusion to our hit indie fantasy trilogy! Avernum 3: Ruined World is an epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure with many hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous world that evolves as time passes. Towns are destroyed. Refugees flee. Disasters happen.
Your people long to escape from their underworld prison, but the surface world is being destroyed. Fight plagues of bizarre monsters and win your freedom. Enjoy an intricate tactical battle system with multitudes of abilities, character traits, and unique magical artifacts.
Avernum 3: Ruined World features:
- Epic fantasy adventure with over 60 hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous underworld and a huge surface continent.
- Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
- Well over 100 towns and dungeons, which change as time passes. Cities crumble as the monster plagues advance.
- Fight to save the world. Or don’t! Do odd jobs. Be a bounty hunter or merchant. Buy a house.
- Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
- Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
UPDATE: The Steam page now says the release date is "early 2018", so I guess not!