Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Underworld Ascendant Update #50: Beta Released, New Narrative
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Sat 13 October 2018, 01:51:13Tags: OtherSide Entertainment; Sam Luangkhot; Underworld Ascendant
After several delays, OtherSide Entertainment have finally released the beta build of Underworld Ascendant to eligible backers. This is the last pre-release build before the game comes out next month. You can read more about it here. Alongside the beta there's a new development update, which is particularly informative this month. Most games wouldn't be overhauling their narrative design months before release, but Ascendant isn't like most games.
- Several new roles have been added, as we’ve expanded the population of characters within the Saurian town of Marcaul to include mediators to the Factions and more.
- The player’s nemesis Typhon is no longer a slumbering primordial nightmare, but is now an active taunting threat, full of menace and… wow, yeah, he’s actually really damn scary.
- The game now includes VO support for Memora, which are captured memories from major characters detailing important events and secrets of The Stygian Abyss. These are found as quest items in main quests and also hidden in dark and often difficult to access areas that only the clever and capable can find.
- Final recordings took place several weeks ago! Those have since been processed, implemented within the game, and delivered to our Localization team for translation.
- We are currently bearing down on locking down all in-game text, including bits of series lore and lizardman graffiti hidden throughout the lower levels of The Stygian Abyss.
Our Tier 1 and Tier 2 Skeletons can now equip a couple of different weapons, which should give you pause when assessing any encounter with them. Make sure you’re aware of their range and the risks of engagement, especially if a Skeleton seems to look slightly different…
Additionally, notice how the armor and design of an enemy may give you a hint about how they’ll interact with a stranger. Take, for example, the Chthonians…
As we near Beta, we’ve been making substantial updates to the game from its Alpha-state to really breathe life into it. With these new enemy variations, new level passes, systems improvement and revisions based on Backer Alpha and external playtest feedback, we continue to draw closer to our vision of The Stygian Abyss.