Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration DLC Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 30 November 2018, 01:16:36Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration; Overhype Studios
Shortly after Battle Brothers was released last year, developer Overhype Studios announced that they were ending development on the game and moving on to new things, much to the frustration of fans who felt that there was much left to expand upon. The free Lindwurm DLC they released later that year was small consolation, but it may have been a clue to what was coming. The Beasts & Exploration expansion released today delivers pretty much what it says on the tin. In the four months since it was announced, Overhype have published weekly development updates introducing the myriad of new features it adds to the game. That includes numerous new enemy types such as giant spiders, witches and the mighty kraken, as well as a variety of new items, new mechanics and new scripted events. Overhype have helpfully provided links to all of those updates here. There's no launch trailer for Beasts & Exploration, so I'll just post its store page description:
The 'Beasts & Exploration' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a larger world, full of unique hidden locations throughout that offer new possibilities and rewards to the daring adventurer, as well as challenging new beasts roaming the untamed wilds. Craft your own gear from trophies you collect, customize your equipment with a new system for armor attachments, and engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration!
- Legendary Locations - Hidden legendary locations offer new possibilities, lore, unique opponents, and unique rewards for the daring adventurer in a world that is 25% larger.
- New Opponents - Five challenging new beasts populate different parts of the wilds, and three fearsome bosses guard valuable treasure. All of them come with unique mechanics and loot.
- Crafting - Trophies from slain beasts can now be crafted into cloaks, armor plating, armor for your wardogs, shields, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.
- Customize your Gear - Wear cloaks, shoulderguards and more for additional benefits with the new armor attachment system, and use the new paint items to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.
- New Weapons and Armor - A collection of new weapons and armors allow for new play styles and character builds.
- New Contracts, Events and Ambitions - Engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
- New Music - Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.
- New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.