Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Solasta: Crown of the Magister now on Kickstarter, pre-alpha demo available on Steam
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 3 September 2019, 19:00:50Tags: Mathieu Girard; Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Tactical Adventures
There are a lot of promising RPGs in development these days, but right now the one that has the Codex most excited is Solasta: Crown of the Magister, the 5th Edition OGL-based RPG from Paris-based studio Tactical Adventures. Since Solasta was announced back in June, Tactical Adventures have published a number of meaty development updates on the game's official website, and two weeks ago they announced that the Kickstarter was set to launch today, along with a free pre-alpha demo. The Kickstarter campaign is live now. I'll post the pitch video along with a 55 minute gameplay video from IGN, whose editors got an early look at the Solasta demo and found it to be extremely good. You should also check out the gameplay and lore trailers Tactical Adventures published yesterday.
Created and written by lifelong fans of Pen & Paper RPGs, Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG heavily influenced by Tabletop RPGs.
- An Epic Team Adventure - Create your very own party of adventurers with our Character Creation Tool in the classic tabletop RPG tradition. Breathe life into your heroes, and see their personalities reflected in their dialogue.
- Discover a Mysterious & Dynamic World - Delve into long forgotten dungeons to unearth ancient artifacts, but stay watchful of light and darkness: many dangers hide in the dark, but a light can attract monsters.
- Prepare to Think in Three Dimensions - The dungeons in Solasta are more than flat game-boards. Climb, jump, or fly around obstacles. Evade or surprise foes from above or below. Watch out, though - the monsters are also thinking vertically.
- True to Tabletop - Solasta: Crown of the Magister brings back the thrill, tactics, and deep storytelling of tabletop games. As you play, you'll feel yourself reaching for your dice and miniatures; Roll for initiative!
- A Team of Passionate Veterans - Led by Mathieu Girard, co-Founder of Amplitude Studios (Endless Space...), Tactical Adventures is a small studio of experienced developers with many projects under their belt.
- Deep & tactical gameplay using a Turn-based, Grid-based fighting system, and built around core pillars such as Dynamic Lighting, Vertical exploration & combat, and Interactive environment.
- Written by Antoine Guillaud and Graeme Davis, Solasta is a fascinating High Fantasy World with centuries of complex history & lore to explore. Watch our Lore Trailer here!
- An epic single-player campaign that will take your party from level 1 to level 10.
- A fully-customizable party of 4 characters, each of them as important as the others.
- Building the game hand-in-hand with the community, with Communication & Transparency as core values.
- Current Platform: PC Windows
- Current Languages: English (Voiced), French & German (Interface & Subtitles)