Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Disco Elysium releasing on October 15th
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 18 September 2019, 23:11:17Tags: Disco Elysium; ZA/UM
It's been many months since we last had any real news about Disco Elysium, the ambitious detective RPG that has been exciting the Codex's imagination since 2016. Just when it seemed like it was safe to declare it vaporware, today ZA/UM suddenly announced that the game was releasing on October 15th, less than a month from now. Holy shit. Here's the release date trailer, which is chock full of delicious gameplay snippets, along with the accompanying press release.
September 18th 2019 (London, UK): ZA/UM announced today that its hellishly ambitious role-playing game Disco Elysium will launch for PC on October 15th, 2019 on Steam and GOG.com.
Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game with an insane amount of choice and consequence. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Be a hero, a prophet, a madman and the greatest detective the world has ever seen.
You’ve never played anything like it.
- Over 60 hours of game time in a unique urban fantasy setting.
- An open world you can approach in any order – the bad part of the bad part of town with unforgettable characters.
- One massive open-ended case and tons of side investigations.
- Countless tools for role-playing: 24 mad skills to upgrade, over 80 different clothing items to wear, 12 tools to use, 8 psychoactive substances to discover, more than 50 unique "thoughts" to analyze and so on.
- A hauntingly beautiful original soundtrack by British Sea Power.