Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts DLC Announced
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 17 January 2020, 22:50:25Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts; Overhype Studios
That's right! Nearly three years after its original release, not only is development on Battle Brothers still not over, but it's now getting its biggest DLC yet. It's called Blazing Deserts and it will add an entire new Arabian Nights-style region to the game world, featuring new environments, new enemies, new equipment, and new everything basically. Here's the announcement post:
We’re excited to announce that we’re working on another DLC for Battle Brothers called ‘Blazing Deserts’.
The focus of the DLC will be on expanding and enriching the existing world with a new land of burning deserts and lush jungles to the south. Across these lands you’ll find a unique culture loosely based on historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages built atop the ruins of the Ancient Empire in the world of Battle Brothers. You’ll find new lore and a different political system, equipment not seen anywhere else, and fresh contracts to earn your stay with. There’ll be a new late game crisis, new legendary locations and several new beasts roaming the wilds. This DLC will be our biggest one yet for Battle Brothers.
Here’s the rough list of features we’re aiming for:
- A realm of independent southern city-states with their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit
- A new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil
- A gallery of company feats that grant permanent boons with which to customize your company to your playstyle as you progress throughout your campaign
- A variety of new opponents with their own fighting styles – from exotic beasts to desert raiders and southern armies quite unlike those in the north
- New environments both on the world map and in tactical combat
- Several new origins to pick for your company for a different campaign experience
- New banners, weapons, armors and helmets inspired by historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages
- New legendary locations and legendary rewards
- New contracts and events
- New crafting recipes for owners of the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC
- Several new music tracks by Breakdown Epiphanies to accompany you on your travels south
Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.
Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC!
Davkul Akbar! As the announcement states, Blazing Deserts is due out sometime this spring. Clearly they've been working on it for a while.