Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
SKALD: Against the Black Priory gets teaser trailer, coming to Early Access on August 2nd
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 16 April 2021, 20:46:20Tags: Scape-IT; SKALD: Against the Black Priory
The last time we posted about SKALD: Against the Black Priory, the game's backer beta had just launched, with a final release scheduled for September 2020. As it turns out, it didn't take long for creator Anders Lauridsen to decide he wanted to spend more time on SKALD, and the final release was dropped in favor of an Early Access release in late fall 2020, which was then further postponed to summer 2021 at the end of that year. In the meantime, the game has kept getting better and better, with the implementation of seamless interior & exterior environments and a massive overhaul of the combat system, which now takes place on the world map instead of in a separate battle screen. Today store pages for SKALD were launched on Steam and GOG. Here's the teaser trailer Anders put together for the occasion, which introduces the haughty magocracy of the Gallian Empire.
You drag yourself from the black tides, across the corpses of drowned men, and onto the unwelcoming, craggy shoreline. Gulls cry overhead and the stink of seaweed fills your nose. By some miracle you have made it to Idra. It will take all your skill to survive and unravel the eldritch mysteries of the Black Priory. Pray your sanity holds.
‘Skald: Against the Black Priory’ is an old-school roleplaying game that combines modern design and a fully realised narrative with authentic 8-bit looks and charms.
Delve into a dark fantasy world, full of tragic heroes, violent deaths and Lovecraftian, cosmic horror. Explore an engaging, branching story mixed with rich exploration and crunchy, tactical, turn-based combat that will seem familiar yet innovative to RPG fans, old and new.
Do you have what it takes to lead a company of broken heroes from the tainted shores of Idra to the gates of the Black Priory - and beyond?
Lovingly crafted retro-style art
- Experience a richly illustrated world of authentic pixel art using thousands of hand-drawn tiles and images
- A palette inspired by the legendary Commodore 64 computer.
- Optional CRT filter for that authentic old-school experience.
- Build your main character and recruit a party from among a dozen diverse characters, each with their own skill-set, agenda and personality.
- Choose from a dozen classes and backgrounds as well as heaps of feats, spells and equipment as you take your party from level 1 to 20.
- Engage in challenging, fast-paced, turn- and grid-based combat.
- Play it your way, with fully customizable difficulty and feedback settings. Or hit ‘auto-resolve’, lean back, and (hopefully) watch your party cleave a bloody path through their foes.
- Explore the vast expanse of Freymark and the Outer Isles and watch your actions spell doom or salvation for the region.
- Focus on the rich, branching narrative… Or live the life of a mercenary and explore varied sidequests and encounters - the plot will wait for you.
- Manage your party as you make camp, recruit hirelings, travel by land and sea, and interact with powerful factions and their visions for the world.