Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Sword of the Stars: The Pit 2 is a 3D sequel to the sci-fi roguelike
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 8 October 2021, 00:34:52Tags: Kerberos Productions; Sword of the Stars: The Pit 2
For the past fifteen years, the folks at Canadian indie studio Kerberos Productions have made a living releasing various games set in the universe of their debut sci-fi strategy title Sword of the Stars. One of these was the traditional roguelike Sword of the Stars: The Pit, which achieved a minor level of popularity when it was released back in 2012. Last month, Kerberos announced that they were developing a sequel, called simply Sword of the Stars: The Pit 2. In truth, it might be more accurate to call it a 3D remake rather than a sequel. It has the same premise as the original and will eventually include all of its features, including the DLC. In the long run, Kerberos hope to create some new content as well. Here's the game's trailer and the description from its Steam page:
"A deadly plague ravages your world. Your last hope: a legendary alien facility dug deep into the Feldspar Mountains...a massive Pit, built by the ancient Suul'ka."
After the success of our Indie, Roguelike hit Sword of the Stars: The Pit in 2012, it's time to celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2022! Sword of the Stars: The Pit 2 is an update of the fun, fast, and light-hearted turn-based original, taking the game from its 2D retro-roots and into a fully 3D game world.
While we begin by updating The Pit for the present, join us as we take The Pit series to a whole new world!
Initial Early Access Features
(this list will be updated along with the game build)
- 5 Characters to choose from... Marine, Scout, Medic, and Engineer, and Gunny, a character hidden in the original game!
- 25 Levels of ancient evil science for you to dive into!
- Improve your character by increasing your skills to help you survive the depths.
- Dozens of enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
- A wide variety of weapons and armors including guns, blades, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and more!
- Over 150 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech.
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Disassembling lets you break up certain items into craftable components
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
- Discover and decipher hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore!
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation.
- Rotatable player camera.