Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Primal Calling DLC announced, releasing on November 4th
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 20 October 2021, 23:22:11Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Primal Calling; Tactical Adventures
Tactical Adventures have been fairly quiet since releasing the Sorcerer update for Solasta: Crown of the Magister back in July. However, they were forced to tip their hand about what they were working on when they asked the community to come up with subclass ideas for the Barbarian and Druid classes back in August. Today they formally revealed the Primal Calling DLC, coming November 4th. In addition to barbarians and druids, it will also add Half-Orcs to the game as well as a new Wanderer background. Even if you don't get the DLC, the accompanying patch will include plenty of good stuff. That includes an increased level cap, a more challenging final encounter, and most excitingly, an expanded dungeon maker with the ability to create full-fledged campaigns with towns and outdoor areas.
For those of you who've not been around Solasta for the last few weeks, here is what you can expect from the Primal Calling DLC:
- The Barbarian Class, with its 3 subclasses: Path of the Berzerker (SRD), Path of the Magebane (Solasta), Path of Stone (Community)
- The Druid Class, with its 3 subclasses: Circle of the Land (SRD), Circle of Kindred Spirit (Solasta), Circle of Winds (Community)
- The Half-Orc Ancestry
- The Wanderer Background, with its brand new background quest located in Copparan
Free Content Update Incoming!
Adventuring hasn't been kind to you lately and you don't got no gold to buy them goods? Worry not, we've got you covered. With the Primal Calling DLC also comes a fat content update - and everyone gets it for free! Aside from the usual bug fixes, here are some of the large changes or additions you can look forward to:
- You can finally skip the tutorial. Dry your tears of joy, serial rerollers, it's time to jump straight into the adventure.
- Max level 10? How about max level 12, how does that sound? With them level 6 spells and all.
- Our characters' faces may not be the prettiest around, but you'll now be able to add scars and face paints. Some more customization can't hurt!
- Was the final encounter of the campaign a little too easy? We made it harder for you.
- The Campaign Creator is here. What is the Campaign Creator? A new feature that allows you to bundle custom dungeons together, create custom monsters, items, NPCs and merchants. It's still in development though, so not every parameter can be tweaked yet.
- The Dungeon Maker now has a Town Interior & Exterior environment! Custom campaigns can now have main hubs where your party can safely rest, trade, and chat with NPCs in-between dungeons!