Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Avernum 5 for Windows released
Game News - posted by Ausir on Mon 18 February 2008, 17:57:33Tags: Avernum 5; Jeff Vogel; Spiderweb Software
Spiderwe Software has released the Windows version of Avernum 5.
The latest game in the award-winning Avernum series. Travel into the strange underworld of Avernum, a land full of misfits, bandits, and barely civilized monsters. Hunt the villain who tried to kill your Empress, and keep him from assassinating you first.
As you wander the gigantic world of Avernum, you will experience:
* An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
* Epic storyline. Hunt the assassin Dorikas, while his agents try to trick and waylay you at every turn.
* Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
* Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
* Unique game world. Not just the same old elves and hobbits.
* Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 5.
According to Jeff Vogel, it's "the middle game in Spiderweb Software's second trilogy" - which means there will be an Avernum 6 someday.