Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Fallout FIXT Alpha 6.1 Released
Mod News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 11 September 2013, 20:03:00Tags: Fallout; Fallout FIXT
I've always found it odd that despite being widely regarded as the better game among the two, the first Fallout has gotten much less modding love than its sequel. Over the past few years, an energetic young modder by the name of Sduibek has endeavored to change that. Sduibek's Fallout FIXT megamod aims to be the Fallout equivalent of killap's famous patch for Fallout 2. Despite its, ahem, controversial beginnings, the most recent version of Fallout FIXT seems to have largely achieved that goal. Among other things, Fallout FIXT Alpha 6.1 finally provides an alternative "fixes only" installer, for all you stringent purists. If you've been following the Fallout FIXT thread here on the Codex, you'll know that Sduibek has gone to great lengths to ensure that every fix truly is a fix, even going so far as to contact Tim Cain himself for information on his original intentions.
Here's an overview of Fallout FIXT's contents:
- Official Interplay patches (1.1, 1.2)
- TeamX patches (1.2, 1.21, 1.3.5)
- No Children Fix
- Cathedral Crash Fix (and other fixes by Sduibek for the Cathedral, Military Base and The Glow crashes)
- Nimrod's Dialog Fixes
- FreeSpace variable is set to 0 by default, so you won't have to worry about that crash either.
FULLY INTEGRATED MODS:
- Fallout 1 Restoration Mod, version 1.0b1 [Created by Wasteland Ghost. Portions by Mynah, hamster, Wasteland Hellbringer.]
--- Invasions are now entirely optional (including Necropolis), and invasion dates can be customized, anywhere from instant to 4x their default values.
--- Deathclaw status is no longer linked, i.e. killing it on the world map or in the cave does not prevent it from appearing at the other.
- Extended Flamer Attack Mod [Created by .Pixote.]
- Endgame Mod [Created by Corpse]
- TeamX NPCs 3.5
- Sfall ddraw 1.18e (including shaders.fx for D3D modes) [Created by Timeslip]
- hires patch 4.0.2 [Created by Mash]
- Weapon Drop Mod [Created by Josan12 and MIB88]
--- Customizable distance values.
- "Nixie Numbers" for GUI
- Two tools that can be run before running FalloutW.exe (not made by me) are included in the [Fallout]Scrambled Colors Fixes folder, to help with those experiencing color palette issues.
- Fallout 1 official manual (PDF format, version you can get from GOG.com)