Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Age of Decadence November Update
Game News - posted by Crooked Bee on Sun 15 December 2013, 23:59:19Tags: Iron Tower Studio; The Age of Decadence; Vince D. Weller
The Age of Decadence, which is available on Steam Early Access, has seen the release of a new hefty patch today, with a new development update accompanying that. Highlights include: sales numbers, demo conversation rate, a list of notable changes, and even a preview of achievements!
So far, we sold 3,332 copies on Steam and 1,929 copies via our own site and GamersGate, generating $141,780. As always, we want to thank you for your support, patronage, and most importantly, for your faith in our ability to make a game worth playing.
To-date 6,107 people downloaded the demo on Steam; 417 bought the Early Access version after, i.e. 6.8% conversion rate, which, apparently, is pretty good (the industry standards are 1-5% for non-casual games), which means that we need to get the demo in front of more people.
The launch highlighted many issues and generated a lot of feedback, so we spent the last 4 weeks working on the first update. Due to some unforeseen problems, we won't be able to upload the new version to BMT until next week, but the update is out on Steam. We can provide the Steam keys if you want to try it out (In before "You sold out to Steam!!") Wink
- A long overdue tutorial. Now you can fight in a mini-arena against several opponents before you start the game, which will make it easier for new players to learn the system, without the story elements getting in the way and the need to make a new character every time you’re killed. It replaces the awesome difficulty mode, which wasn’t really that awesome or helpful.
- A new and improved character screen! Now with 50% more info! Must see to believe!
- 6 new traders in Maadoran with improved inventories and unique items to spend your hard-earned money on.
- Speaking of your hard-earned money, the economic reforms aimed to deliver prosperity have failed and wiped out everyone’s savings. So, no more running around with pockets full of gold. A free soup kitchen DLC will be added later.
- A truckload of bug fixes, balance tweaks, reputation adjustments, quest improvements. For example, now you can talk your way out of the ambush in the merchants guild’s questline, have more options during the infiltration of Gaelius’ palace, options during the fight at the Antidas’ compound , Antidas dying now lowers the morale of the Daratan guards, reducing their attack and defense.
- More training. Earning more skill points and weapon bonuses has never been easier. Just talk to many ever-helpful NPCs (like Dellar and Feng) and they will gladly impart their wisdom unto you (may require high reputation and charisma, terms and conditions may apply).
- The crafting techniques you have now will no longer have to be acquired in-game as we don’t want you to invest valuable points into Crafting and then fail to find more than 2-3 techniques. New, appropriately rare techniques will be added instead. So, you keep what you have now as your standard set of techniques and get rare techniques if you’re lucky.
- We’ve started adding alchemical ingredients that you will be able to gather at different places. The demo alchemist will stick around until we finish it.
- The game now features a built-in crash reporting system. Send us a crash report, and we will know when, how, and how the hell your game crashed!
For a full changelog and a preview of the Steam achievements that the game will have, consult this thread.