Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Age of Decadence February Update
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 6 March 2014, 19:11:40Tags: Iron Tower Studio; The Age of Decadence; Vince D. Weller
This month's Age of Decadence update coincides with the release of the third update to the game's Early Access version. Here's what it says:
If you want to see what's in the update, click here.
We’ll continue adding and ‘expanding’ characters (Kemnebi and Abukar will get more quests, dialogues, and portraits), but now the focus will be on new locations.
We’re aiming to add 5 locations in a month’s time. Two locations are almost done: Aemolas’ village and the Library of Saross, which was slightly changed and expanded from the original design. Inferiae is half done and we’re slowly working on the bridge and the portal.
Since we're moving away from the relative safety of towns to ruins and such, we'll add two creatures in the next update as well.
- Changed the area around the temple in the Slums to make it look like a busy little bazaar. We added a new, rather colorful character who greets you when you enter this square and introduces the area.
- Added another character and his followers near the tower of Zamedi. He will provide a fresh perspective on the tower and share valuable insights with you.
- Added a new artefact (a mechanical eye). You can acquire it and, in the best traditions of the Planescape Torment, swap it for one of your own. The eye doesn’t shoot lasers (would be totally cool if you did though), but it can see into other planes, which makes it a rather useful thing to have ... in your eye socket.
- The hammer crowd complained that they don’t have a cool hammer, so we gave them … *drumroll* … the Perforator! It’s a handy spiked hammer with a unique icon.
- 3 journal pages (not the entire journal yet, but it’s a good start). Now in addition to Quests and Techniques, you get Lore (to collect what you learned from different people in one place), Items for all the Artefacts you managed to get your hands on, and Characters to keep track of people you double- and triple-crossed. The Characters page has only the portrait and the intro text for each character; the effect of your actions will be added in the upcoming updates. Overall, you get 17 Lore entries, 29 character entries, and 15 Artefact entries. There will be a lot more in the full game, obviously.
- Added several rare alchemy components in the tower’s library.