Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #58: Beta Released!
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 3 April 2014, 12:38:25Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke
Last night, the Early Access release of Divinity: Original Sin received a major update, officially bringing the game into beta. Today's Kickstarter update announces the news formally and reveals the lovely trailer Larian produced in honor of the occasion:
The beta is live!
First of all: as promised the beta is now Steam Early Access. Grab your keys from the Larian Vault, and go try it out. The game isn’t finished yet; we still have a lot of balancing, bugfixing and tweaking on our plate, but it’s a big step up from the alpha and there’s plenty of new stuff for you to discover.
As per usual, we’re eager to hear your feedback and our excel sheets are at the ready to tweak and balance the millions of stats that define your RPG experience behind the scenes.
If you’re curious what’s in the beta and don’t have the time to discover them all on your own, there are over 400 improvements and a host of new features:
- 28 exciting new talents, including fun things like the Lone Wolf perk, which gives an avatar super abilities, but makes it impossible for him or her to hire a companion(s)
- More than 60 new skills, allowing for a new brand of synergies, such as combining Invisibility with Pickpocketing
- A new Witchcraft skilltree that can be combined with other skills to deadly effect • New areas to explore, new foes to fight, new items to find & new secrets to discover
- A brand new character creation screen with new presets such as Shadowblade and Wayfarer, and an enormous amount of customisation options.
- More environmental interactions – you can smash or burn doors, pickpocket characters & use staffs to electrify pools of water. Or how about burning wooden chests to get the loot inside?
- Improved AI, user interface, graphics, loading times, performance and stability mean playing Divinity: Original Sin has never been this smooth
- A truckload of new sound effects & music tracks
Can’t play the beta but want to see what’s new and the trailer is too short?
Then you may want to check out the Twitch session David & Swen did. They spent a few hours answering questions and showing off features in the beta last Monday.
A transcript of the answers they gave is available here. (Thanks for that, Stabbey!)