Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #60: Early Access update, Mac release, and more
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 16 May 2014, 15:49:42Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke
This week, we have another Friday Early Access update and Kickstarter update for Divinity: Original Sin. This one enables Mac support, and some other stuff. I quote:
We're hard at work finishing and polishing Divinity: Original Sin for full release but obviously haven't forgotten about our Early Access community and you our Kickstarter backers. It's been fun seeing what you've been getting up to via global chat, and you've helped us make a lot of fixes and improvements along the way. As ever, thank you for your enthusiastic support and invaluable feedback!
Today we have many interrelated and exciting updates that should significantly improve your Divinity: Original Sin experience. Check out the video below, or keep on reading to get the full scoop:
Polish is the name of the game, and D:OS is creeping ever-closer to being ready for launch.
We've implemented lots of updates this time around, including totally revamped enemy encounters, art and animation improvements, dialog changes, improved skills and spells, inventory-sorting, and much more. Download the update, check it out, and (let us know what you think!)
The full change list is still being typed up at the time of this writing, but here's a short summary for you:
- Mac & PC players can now play together.
- New 'Laptop Optimized' mode will keep your game running smoothly, whether you're travelling by air, sky, or sea.Touchpad control support is also added.
- Steam Cloud saves are active, so you can continue playing your savegames from several devices.
- The AI now adapts its tactics to players and the environment, and it can also make use of potions and special arrows.
- The treasure generation has been completely revamped.
- Pouches allow you to easily organize items in your inventory.
- The skill & spell abilities have been revised to better support classless character builds.
- Skills and spells can now be “unlearned" and also have requirements.
- 10 extra talents have been added. Talents now also have requirements.
- New skill effects have been added. Go on, summon a spider!
- Several quality-of-life improvements including inventory sorting, context-sensitive item menus, a dialog log, action-point usage previews, the ability to use objects from another character’s inventory and more.
- Numerous bug fixes and balancing changes.