Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Torment: Tides of Numenera "Craft an Obelisk" reward
Community - posted by DarkUnderlord on Tue 24 February 2015, 09:13:29Tags: InXile Entertainment; Torment: Tides of Numenera
Because we raised money for Torment, one of the rewards we're due is the "Obelisk from a Lost Empire", where we work with inXile to "determine the characteristics, design and tides of a monument of our choosing. The Obelisk can be a statue, a pillar, a pyramid or something else that will be placed somewhere in the game. The player will be able to interact with it and thus learn more of the story we wish to tell."
inXile now want to know the following from us:
- A description of what you'd like to have happen when the player interacts with it.
We will take your outline to our design and art team, and then contact you again once we have a concept and design outline for you to approve.
- When designing the Obelisk, please keep in mind this is a top-down game and a lot of things are not conveyed on the model. Focus on the descriptive text for details.
- While the Obelisk can take any shape, it should not be larger than XXX and can not have any moving parts on the model itself – though it can be described as moving in the text.
- The interaction with the Obelisk can be either a short text or a brief conversation, please define and outline how you’d like to see this interaction work.
- The interaction with the Obelisk should be self-contained, so it can’t be tied to a bigger quest or pose a great danger to the player.
- The Obelisk should not require a specific context or biome, so that we can place them in any of our areas.
- The Obelisk design should fit in the Ninth World setting. If the design or look of it does not fit we may need to adjust it until it does.
Oh and also:
We are now taking suggestions for troll-like things that fit the theme, or other ideas.