Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News WTF - Baldur's Gate complete remake for NWN2 released

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
How is a total conversion of Baldur's Gate not relevant to this site? Even though you or I hate that engine, somebody'll get a kick out of that shit.

And should immediately be banned.

Regvard

Arcane
Holy shit. I had forgotten how awful those late 90s-early 2000s CGI/3D cinematics were.

Seriously, who thinks those are visually appealing enough to be included in a commercial poduct? A semi-talented artist with a pencil and a stack of papers would obliterate that shit.

Eyeball

Arcane
So now we have the opportunity to play a game that was already bad on an even worse engine.

This is somehow called "Progress."

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Holy shit. I had forgotten how awful those late 90s-early 2000s CGI/3D cinematics were.

Seriously, who thinks those are visually appealing enough to be included in a commercial poduct? A semi-talented artist with a pencil and a stack of papers would obliterate that shit.
newfag graphic whore.

Regvard

Arcane

newfag graphic whore.

What is more old-school than hand-drawn?

Bad CGI is bad. I'd rather have a wall of text.

Psquit

Arcane
I still don't get why he doesn't go make original content instead. And this got him a job in the games industry? Even they seem to value people who are only good at copying other ideas. :decline:

no I'm not bitter
The games industry doesn't want ideas from entry-level employees. What they want is people who can complete their assigned tasks to spec and schedule.
Considering it took him 7 years he must have been hired by Blizzard

Does blizzard make rpgs?.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I still don't get why he doesn't go make original content instead. And this got him a job in the games industry? Even they seem to value people who are only good at copying other ideas. :decline:

no I'm not bitter
The games industry doesn't want ideas from entry-level employees. What they want is people who can complete their assigned tasks to spec and schedule.

Yes. In fact according to the codex they made one of the best RPGs of the decade.

Severian Silk

But if he's trying to find a job, creating a module for ToEE wouldn't do him any good. Employers aren't going to care.

Psquit

Arcane

no I'm not bitter

Yes. In fact according to the codex they made one of the best RPGs of the decade.

:lol: You always crack me up. well diablo 1 was a fine dungeon crawler hack and slash thing... but blizzard in my eyes never made a crpg.

bussinrounds

Augur
I'd much rather see new adventures for ToEE or something ToEE like... or KotC2... or Chaos Chronicles, come to think of it. It's weird having releases to actually look forward to again.

Wha..wait a sec... Is CC gonna be released with tools to create adventures ? Or is this just wishful thinking for a possibility down the line ?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'd much rather see new adventures for ToEE or something ToEE like... or KotC2... or Chaos Chronicles, come to think of it. It's weird having releases to actually look forward to again.

Wha..wait a sec... Is CC gonna be released with tools to create adventures ? Or is this just wishful thinking for a possibility down the line ?
It's planned but won't be available at launch.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Working 7 years for free on a remake of a CRPG you love is incline

Some guys here making fun of this bro (or the engine used) is the worst kind of decline

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Working 7 years for free on a remake of a CRPG you love is incline

Some guys here making fun of this bro (or the engine used) is the worst kind of decline

Being a member of RPGWATCH is decline incarnate.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
BG with the ToEE engine. :bounce:
A pity the 'ToEE engine' sucks donkey hardcoded cock.

I mean, it takes a special kind of talent to make a bug that turns humans into gnomes, but the hardcoded spell effects help too.
Just because you like TB is no excuse for bugs - either make it bug free :lol: or open source the god-damned game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom