Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline FEZ

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Phil Fish also stated that "japanese games suck". He may be a hipster douche but he has balls and says what he means.
I like his atitude better than our favorites dev, licking hard bethesda's ass, right after it shat Fallout 3, saying it was a good game when they clearly thought otherwise.

About Fez, its a very nice and zen platformer. A little buggy on the PC but that is being sorted out with the recent patches.

Repressed Homosexual
This game is garbage, is this thread real? Hipster trash. Another annoying "clever" "indie" game with a stupid gimmick and no gameplay. You just switch the POV all the time and collect yellow cubes, and you can't even die. It is a perfect example of why people hate that whole scene.

It makes me physically sick just to think about it.

Repressed Homosexual
It's a sacrilege to even begin to compare his game to a classic Japanese 2D platformer. At least the Japanese are able to make games with substance and good level design, not just spam the same gimmick over and over again like hipster douches are unable to understand. They are also under no pretense of making "art" by making a few pixel art characters and inserting pop culture references.

If I was a mean person I would tell him to chew his fur mascot and choke on it.

I'm really ashamed to know that he is a Montrealer, he is probably a hipster from the McGill campus.

At least other Montrealers, the guys who make Mercenary Kings, are able to make these sort of games but with actually good, substantial gameplay to back it up. Mercenary Kings looks like a really good Metal Slug game with a few twists and improvements. Pay attention, hipster douches: THIS is how you do it. Instead of reinventing the wheel, make sure you do it for a good reason first. And keep your lame humor and emotional engagement to yourself, no one gives a damn.

Wizorb was pretty entertaining as well, it is from them too.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just finished it, fucking fantastic game.

RPG Codex gonna RPG Codex.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I tried Fez the other day, didn't really like it. Can't point to any one reason for this, as there's nothing about it that interests me. The rotation gimmick is interesting, but even I was surprised how quickly I felt that it became tiresome.

Controls felt a liddle fidgety, like I was controlling a pudgy out-of-shape kid rather than the standard platforming protagonist.

I could see its charm, but at the same time it didn't work on me at all.

Are the meta-puzzles still in, like the one with the QR code? For me that's the express lane on the highway for douchebaggery.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There's a couple QR codes in there, but you can get the rewards for them via alternative means.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Majestic

Somebody brofist Whiskey for me.

lol at "I want you to apologize on camera" xD

He should definitely send him a video, but not of an apology ;)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Weird, @GamerHivemind doesn't exist anymore. o_O

Also, good fucking riddance, no one needs a drama queen that can't handle the heat, especially with so many indies 10x more talented than him...

Dr Tomo

Learned
I will admit this was pretty amusing and it would have been a blast if he had a nervous break down and gotten admitted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom