Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The whole killing herself thing may have been the equivelent.

Alternatively, it could have something to do with the last puzzle - it DID say we were dragging along pieces of their souls. Perhaps this is just a piece of Maeda, or perhaps we are connected somehow and that is why she can see Ei - because she, or at least a part of her - is connected to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Besides, if we call them both 'Maeda-san', how would they know which one of them we refer to?
Nami-san, Yukina-san?
Besides, she is submissive. She also addressed us 'sir' from the get go.

She is back to calling us 'san' now, probably because she got used to us a bit.
Well, makes sense, at first she was afraid of us, then probably thought that we were some important guy visiting the mansion, after seeing she was wrong used the normal san, now she wants us to pick vegetables with her, Shinoseki beta nature strikes again, from feared rapist and respected notable to bossed around wimp in half a day.
I guess not having been took for a wimp from the get go is a progress.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nami-san, Yukina-san?
That would be a start. We have a good reason!

Shinoseki beta nature strikes again, from feared rapist and respected notable to bossed arounf wimp in half a day.
What do you suggest, giving her a scare? I guess we can always channel the other guy if he's here. The village is clearly not real and won't be missed. :M

I guess not having been took for a wimp from the get go is a progress.
Were we ever? I think we have always pushed back whenever pressed and made our opinion known even when the situation didn't call for it.

But you are just poking fun at poor old Shino, aren't you?

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
But you are just poking fun at poor old Shino, aren't you?
I like him, but having two Meda bossing us around is a bit too much, he should wave his dick around, it worked the first time.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, good thing it's only one Maeda who tries that, and she does that with everyone. :lol:

Our promise to Yukina was our own doing, and it is the only thing that forces our hand here. The girl is too timid to do it herself.

Though I laughed a bit at how she inserted herself in our conversation with Nami. Is she getting jealous? That'd be unexpected.

Baltika9

Arcane
Our beta status will be taken care of one we Nii-san some demons in the face. Then we will be recognized as the master of PUA we really are.
No, but eating Yukina's vegetable stew means you wake up all tied up and ready to be her husband in her house's secret room forever and ever and ever without any other pesky women getting in the way.
And that is a bad thing how? But then again:
Zhang lost his eye to an eight headed snake. :M
Did our Master lose his eye to a jealously possessive snake demon?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
*gasp*
Baby Zhang!
:love:
Could I we get another Gaiden whenever you get a chance?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Another what? Zhang? Baby? Gaiden? I can get behind any of those! :bounce:

On an unrelated note, does anyone suspect that Yukina's health condition might be due to some supernatural shenanigans? I don't know, maybe the spirit of her mother comes to her at nights or something. :roll: She seems kind of eager to have us at her side, and that looks weird considering the circumstances of our meeting and how long we know each other. :|

Nevill

Arcane
Sakimura Gaiden based on the Elder's legends about oni. With the ancestors of the main cast in leading roles... and Zhang's progeny as an arch-nemesis. :?
1266558526sort_of_want.jpg

Nevill

Arcane
You should take better care of her. :M
It is a bad sign when I can't determine whether you are being serious or not. Even with the parrots.

I mean, sure, we just have forgone a 'real' character in favor of a virtual one. I guess that's something to laugh at. But... eh, we'll see how it goes.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What is real? You yourself just questioned if Maeda was real. What if neither of them are? What if both of them are?

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, not the best choice of words. I guess it is better to say that one has a direct relationship to the 'core cast' (if only by being a carbon copy of a character), whom we know to be 'mostly alive', and the other is very tangentially related to the plot that is occuring 100 years from now, and is long dead in 'our' timeline. Given how we thought the events in Ikei to be the more important ones that can yet be altered, unlike the past, it is understandable for us to consider them more real than others.

But we have already decided to treat this world as a real one the moment we didn't go conduct the investigation naked. And, well, if it were real I just can't bring myself to spurn a woman who was so kind to us. How many people do we know that would lend their last shirt to a stranger who barged naked into their house? Let alone to the one that has Shinoseki's charisma and ability to win people over. :lol:

My biggest concerns are twofold. First, can we make a difference in this bubble world, can we change anything substantial, can we make things less (or with our luck, even more) horrific than they were in our reality? Gathering information is one thing, but can we affect the 'world' in a meaningful way? And second - if we can indeed do this, if we can change the course of the 'world's' history, does it bring us closer to the fulfilment of Seiji's plans? It only makes sense to alter things if we plan to do something to make the changes stick - which would involve the bubble overtaking reality from what IAE papers seem to claim. So grabbing whomever we can and making a run for it might no longer be a valid answer if we decide to go that road.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
First, can we make a difference in this bubble world, can we change anything substantial,
If is a Quantum Simulation of course.
If is Time Travel even more so.
If is the Spectral Plane it's like some kind of exorcism, so yes.
Gathering information is one thing, but can we affect the 'world' in a meaningful way?
Quantum is all about exchange of informations.
And from the 'zodiac' puzzle we know that by gathering informations we are establishing some kind of connection, being quantic, spiritual or both is to be ascertained.
And second - if we can indeed do this, if we can change the course of the 'world's' history, does it bring us closer to the fulfilment of Seiji's plans?
Doubtful, of Fox Guy/Baron more probably, he is the one that sent us here after all.
to make the changes stick - which would involve the bubble overtaking reality from what IAE papers seem to claim. So grabbing whomever we can and making a run for it might no longer be a valid answer if we decide to go that road.
The Twelve have been forcefully inserted by Evil Seiji in the Experiment, so taking them out could be what Juuzo wants, the problem is that their role seems to be sacrifices to further Evil Seiji's agenda.
Undoing the evil of the past as we can and collapsing the bubble are the only wayv to get the best ending here.
In short:
Redress as best as we can what the Baron did.
Collapse the Quantum Bubble.
Take over the Ritual from Seiji and save the Twelve.
Easy peasy.

Nevill

Arcane
If is a Quantum Simulation of course.
What do you consider a quantum simulation?

This is some kind of limited approximation of reality in a local point that is carried out through both scientific and supernatural means. We can interact with it, but whether we can make ripples that would be felt 100 years from now is an open question. After all, even time travel theories include one that presents the world state as something inertial that glosses over any attempts to make changes to it.

This was the thing that interested me most once I imagined our predicament as a simulation. What if Maeda Keiji is born to different parents? What if he is never born at all? Can we make it so? Will the other fill in those shoes? Will it make it any better if they do or don't? And what happens if the world in the bubble goes completely out of sync with the external one?

I feel like a monkey who got into a nuclear silo's command room. The probability that we can guess the access code and anything at all happens is miniscule, but on the off-chance it does happen... maybe it would be better if we didn't touch anything? :?

Doubtful, of Fox Guy/Baron more probably, he is the one that sent us here after all.
He is likely the 'guardian spirit' the Elder mentioned. I have a feeling that he is fine with any resolution, as long as there is one.

The Twelve have been forcefully inserted by Evil Seiji in the Experiment, so taking them out could be what Juuzo wants, the problem is that their role seems to be sacrifices to further Evil Seiji's agenda.

Undoing the evil of the past as we can and collapsing the bubble are the only wayv to get the best ending here.
My understanding is that if the bubble collapses, so will any changes we made while inside.

That's what I am talking about. Our grasp of the situation is very crude and incomplete, but there are two vague ways to end this that I see:

- To abort the Experiment and hopefully get the twelve or however many we can out. This seems to be in line with Juuzo's wishes, except that he is under some kind of a deadline due to Chinese watching him and our actions might make him skip it.
- To proceed with the Experiment that Seiji might have conducted to change the past. I don't like his plans one bit, but it seems that we will have to play along if we go with the 'overwriting reality' route (that's assuming it's even on the table).

There might be a chance to take over and bend the Experiment to our will, though we still know too little about it.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It's time to put the ol' Shino moves on Yukina, is what I think you guys are saying. :M
Depends. Will it close off Maeda romance? It is kind of hard to woo your grand-grand-daughter. Jing would attest to that.

But we are closer to Cao'er. So maybe it's no big deal. :M

Keiji is to be born in 1917, though. That's almost 10 years from now. Somehow I doubt Yukina was the mother... or that she even lived that long.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
After all, even time travel theories include one that presents the world state as something inertial that glosses over any attempts to make changes to it.
Feinmann's diagrams have 'particles' going back in time, hence the so called arrow of time is just the result of statistical probability, if is possible to affect that, tah dah, we are going to father ourselves.
And what happens if the world in the bubble goes completely out of sync with the external one?
Considering that a simulation is an approximation by definition is more likely that by better synchronizing with reality is the experiment that is overwritten.
maybe it would be better if we didn't touch anything?
By observing we are already influencing things, the only way to not 'touch' anything' is by removing ourselves from the bubble, we already did that, remember?
He is likely the 'guardian spirit' the Elder mentioned.
If the role of the Maiden can be took by a girl is likely that the role of the Guardian Spirit can be took by a man.
Fox Guy confirmed as the Baron, this also explain the shitty job the Guardian Spirit has done in the last one hundred years.
There might be a chance to take over and bend the Experiment to our will, though we still know too little about it.
Taketatsu used Seiji's alghoritms, Seiji is the officiant and gatekeeper of the ritual that hijacked the experiment, we are him, so we are the key to all this, we have the power but we lack the knowledge.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, is Yukina's brother alive? I can't remember if it was brought up (and it doesn't help that some updates get edited faster than one can read them).

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, is Yukina's brother alive? I can't remember if it was brought up (and it doesn't help that some updates get edited faster than one can read them).
It wasn't mentioned yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom