Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Seems like the pc release of no mans sky is an absolute clusterfuck, constant crashes, poor performance, bugs... game is 2.5GB in size but already they release a 5GB patch lol

:nocountryforshitposters:
So far , not really, no i seen nothing to rage about yet.Zero performance problem on high on my radeon.
U srs? Maybe it's a nvidia problem then. Cause I was watching totalfatso and his game stuttered like crazy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just watched some gameplay and this game feels so much an indie game, which somehow was blown up into a AAA product. The aesthetics are indie, the gameplay is indie, the music is indie, but because it has some superduper procedural generation and it took 5 years to make, it is a 60 dollar product.

And this is just a personnal preference, but I just can't like how this game looks. It is so oversaturated, and the generated animals are so fake. The devs were boasting about the endless fauna, the endless generated wildlife, but this is actually a con, not a pro. A hand crafted creature looks so much better than throwing some bodyparts into a mixer and seeing these ... things on the screen. It just throws me out of the game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I still can't get over how fugly this game is.

83A48C2023DBDA1515589B4F12D13FDA3EE7DCA9

Nael

Arcane
If there is honestly that much fucking pastel in the Universe - GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sorry I'm new here. Why are we schadenfreudeing so hard about this game? It's indie, looks cute, under-served niche, ambitious. Is the developer a huge asshole or Creative Assembly or something? Just wondering.
It is not an indie game. It started as an indie game, but then Sony get their paws on it. Now it is a 60 dollar AAA title with a huge hype and marketing.

Nael

Arcane
Sorry I'm new here. Why are we schadenfreudeing so hard about this game? It's indie, looks cute, under-served niche, ambitious. Is the developer a huge asshole or Creative Assembly or something? Just wondering.

hC51wWM.jpg

Hello my fellow Codexians.

Mortmal

Arcane
Seems like the pc release of no mans sky is an absolute clusterfuck, constant crashes, poor performance, bugs... game is 2.5GB in size but already they release a 5GB patch lol

So far , not really, no i seen nothing to rage about yet.Zero performance problem on high on my radeon.
U srs? Maybe it's a nvidia problem then. Cause I was watching totalfatso and his game stuttered like crazy.
Probably, played one hour, even streamed it , encounter no problem except some flcikering when tlaking to some alien in a station. Its a nice game, good for what it is, except i could get the same feeling playing games like subnautica for a fraction of that price.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Millenials are entitled shits. More news at 11.

The game is underwhelming after all the hype. Which gives said entitled shits all the reason to try and score KKKredits. Before getting the game in a sale in a few months and enjoying it for what it is. Codex gonna codex.

Angthoron

Arcane

Probably, played one hour, even streamed it , encounter no problem except some flcikering when tlaking to some alien in a station. Its a nice game, good for what it is, except i could get the same feeling playing games like subnautica for a fraction of that price.
Would not surprise me if their lazy port means NVidia users are fucked - after all PS4 is running Ati or whatever it's called nowadays, so it'd have native support.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom