Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gameguru enjoys Sacred

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred

<a href=http://www.ggmania.com>Gameguru<a/> posted a short <a href=http://www.ggmania.com/full.php3?show=5636>review</a> of <a href=http://www.sacred-game.com>Sacred</a> giving it <b>86%</b> overall.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Sacred also offers a number of other innovations to the genre. One major aspect of Sacred is the horse action. You can ride horses (it's also possible to attack from this mounted position) to get around and earn experience points for finishing quests and killing monsters. The key thing about Sacred is that you can go almost anywhere from the beginning. More than 70% of the huge open-world is available for you to explore right at the beginning of the game with the remaining land opened as you complete the 30 main missions (16 different regions including forestland, ice covered landscapes, mountains, deserts, catacombs...) throughout the game. In addition, Sacred has well over 200 side quests you can undertake on your path to completing the main story line. One thing you can complain about is the bugs in the game. None of them will take away from your enjoyment of the game, but they are numerous enough and prevalent enough to be really annoying.</blockquote> There is no arguing that the game isn't perfect, but the effort is definitely commendable. There hasn't been a worthy action RPG contender in a very long time.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Radoslav</b>

Malak

Liturgist
Hmm, no list of bugs, but he says there are numerous ones. I don't think I had any bugs yet... Wait, I may have had a buggy quest in the first area. I think I'll go check the official forums about it now too.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its a cool game, only thing that bothers me are unresponsive controls. Oh, and pointless monster respawning that give me 3 exp points each.

shp3ck

Novice
if anyone got till here... question...
in the secon chapter when u go on the batllefield ...
u find a dying soldier who asks for water...
i found the mules(lol) and the cirecle by the oasis... how do i get the water?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
shp3ck said:

You could try buying the game. That usually helps.

Jed

Cipher
shp3ck said:
You have to equip the ring to do that.

Malak

Liturgist
It's funny because I got to that quest and after reading so many people ask about that and not seeing water, I thought for sure I'd not see water. Oh wait, I did. So did my other friends. Strange.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom