Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Drew

Savant
Hagen Cuckchild? Is /pol/ running the bro name generator?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only problem with Ironman is that it makes hiring bros really hard. You see a recruit who holds a big knife for example cost ton of money etc. You hire him only to discover that he got 2 stars in ranged defense 2 in resolve 2 in ranged combat. Not very handy to have during undead scourge. Wasted money.
I very rarely hire anyone in the 2-5k range, the most expensive ones I typically take are hunters and militia. In the early game I take what I can get and some of them will live and level up to be decent, later I'd still rather hire 10 farmhands and daytalers and leave the best ones than risk blowing thousands on one guy who has a little better initial stats but bad talents and traits. It's either sub-1k (most of them want a couple hundred at most) cheap ones or 10k on a hedge knight IMO.

Thonius

Arcane
The only problem with Ironman is that it makes hiring bros really hard. You see a recruit who holds a big knife for example cost ton of money etc. You hire him only to discover that he got 2 stars in ranged defense 2 in resolve 2 in ranged combat. Not very handy to have during undead scourge. Wasted money.
I very rarely hire anyone in the 2-5k range, the most expensive ones I typically take are hunters and militia. In the early game I take what I can get and some of them will live and level up to be decent, later I'd still rather hire 10 farmhands and daytalers and leave the best ones than risk blowing thousands on one guy who has a little better initial stats but bad talents and traits. It's either sub-1k (most of them want a couple hundred at most) cheap ones or 10k on a hedge knight IMO.
The thing is I got like 3 guys through all campaign that got stars in melee. That's the reason I retired on my latest campaign. All recruits are good at archery + I lost 2 of 3 starter brothers and some of the promising bros + no moneys to hire more recruits.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If anything, the game should at least allow you to hire people with gears being optional
I see no reason for me to pay extra for this farmer's pitchfork when I have better weapons for him to wield.

Last edited:

mixer

Learned
Would be great if we could get a obituary screen on main menu for whole teams that finished the game (Battle Brothers were killed by a warband of Orc Warriors on day 79).

Last edited:

Doma

Augur
Would be extra nice if we could actually sort the obituary screen. Like sort after most kills etc..

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Would be nice if we can send battle replays to online database a la Bloodbowl Match record.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Damn, difference in prices and starting gold between vet and expert is YUUUUUUGE. First battle of Doggy was 6 vs 6, my new veteran company - 8 vs 5.

1pattt.jpg

27yo2h1.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Balance of powers.
Lower part of the map -
ponyw.jpg

Upper part -
r90f38.jpg

Money from the reward was enough to hire 2 more bros - Dark Souls and Wizardry I. So 10 fighters at the start of the day 2...

Reinhardt

Arcane
SHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Other mercs and caravan guards attacked raider gang so i decided to join fun for easy money... Well...

ta60sx.jpg

Looks like Dark Souls in not an rpg.:happytrollboy:

zv728.jpg

Good thing not everyone charged at me. I don't even had a chance to build spearwall - they started so close.

Thonius

Arcane
SHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Other mercs and caravan guards attacked raider gang so i decided to join fun for easy money... Well...

ta60sx.jpg

Looks like Dark Souls in not an rpg.:happytrollboy:

zv728.jpg

Good thing not everyone charged at me. I don't even had a chance to build spearwall - they started so close.
Did you mashed dodge button?

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Off to a great start! Got two guys with 2 stars in melee for like an apple and an egg. Now I got this guy for 150 coins!

21ov7go.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Did you mashed dodge button?
Dark Souls got wound and was out of stamina.
I ran away and tried again. As you can see it's morning on the second screen. That's when he died.
But i got worn chainmail and 3 helmets. Good trade for one not-an-rpg.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but a Nachzehrer just ran into my spearwall. He activated it, took damage, somehow tanked through that and fed on the corpse in the tile my spearwall was covering. My best fighter ended up being decapitated by this asshole. :negative:

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
This game sure is brutal.
Was on my way to a simple "get X at the ruins" mission. Was sure there were just a couple of undead, so no problem. Ah, such an easy job!
I decided to camp in front of the ruin to wait for daylight.

Well, I got ambushed by a group of Necrosavants. All brothers are wounded, I lost 4 of my best guys and I have no money for supplies. :negative:

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
First I hired a dumb and shortsighted farmhand who had terrible starting stats and zero stars in any combat skills for 310 gold. Then I came across a miller with 3 stars in melee, but with the dastard and insecure traits. Started fleeing as soon as 2 guys surrounded him and got slaughtered in his first battle. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm cursed.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Damn, difference in prices and starting gold between vet and expert is YUUUUUUGE. First battle of Doggy was 6 vs 6, my new veteran company - 8 vs 5.
27yo2h1.jpg

You are so lucky! I've never gotten that much loot from the Hoggart finale on Veteran. I got the rusty chain shirt once (you need a head shot to get it). Usually I get something like a buckler or a knife, or nothing, hahaha.

...I just got my next bro squad name, Team Never Lucky. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom