Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deathsquid

Learned
What the fuck is it with these 0-effort trailers? Wow, this game will have terrain and sky! FUCK YES! Yeah no we don't have any gameplay to show until our own event, why are you even asking?

Valloo

Novice
I think its both High Rock and maybe some parts of Hammerfell, the High rock is the smallest region of Tamriel and it would be really lazy (yet again) from Bethesda to make a game exclusively in this region and knowing Beth's you can probably travel thru HR in like 10 minutes.

Matticus

Educated

Delterius

Arcane
This teaser is so low-effort it's hilarious. I've seen PS3 games with better graphics. They probably didn't even start preproduction yet if this was the best they could muster.

I wouldn't call this low-effort. It's an in-engine landscape art test to show off what they are aiming for prior to engineering all of the tech for it.
yes a gamebryo screenshot is actually negative effort at this point

Consul

Arbiter
Calling it now, the game will be set in Hammerfell. Why? Because it's the homeland of Blacks (Redguards) of course. It's 2018 for fucking sake and (((Zionmax))) won't miss an opportunity to remind us of that.

Turjan

Arcane
Calling it now, the game will be set in Hammerfell. Why? Because it's the homeland of Blacks (Redguards) of course. It's 2018 for fucking sake and (((Zionmax))) won't miss an opportunity to remind us of that.
I can imagine your reaction if they had released Redguard this year and not in 1998.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I can imagine your reaction if they had released Redguard this year and not in 1998.
Michael Kirkbride said:
I was 23 and trying to remember the name of the guy, of that Persian King, that made nice nice with the Jews and, like, let them take asylum or some other weird yet rad ancient world shit. And maybe, just maybe, if Tamriel was the United Colors of Benetton... I could make the pirate hero a black guy.

And that's why Obama got elected.

-M

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
How does anybody get hyped by low effort teasers like this? All I see is a rendered generic landscape. It's ironic, right? My friend even sent me this gem:

1jiHGug.png

???

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They rendered a random picture of a landscape, then went online, and someone reported to Todd

"They say it's High Rock."
"Which one is it already ? Dig up that guy in the team who likes Elder Scrolls and ask him to draft a design document from that."

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They rendered a random picture of a landscape, then went online, and someone reported to Todd

"They say it's High Rock."
"Which one is it already ? Dig up that guy in the team who likes Elder Scrolls and ask him to draft a design document from that."

lol weouldn't be surprises its how they do it now, after the starfield and es6 trailers both together

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think its both High Rock and maybe some parts of Hammerfell, the High rock is the smallest region of Tamriel and it would be really lazy (yet again) from Bethesda to make a game exclusively in this region and knowing Beth's you can probably travel thru HR in like 10 minutes.
Why would the province's relative size compared to other provinces mean anything? The games are set in scaled-down versions of the world - the capital of Skyrim doesn't actually have a population of less than 100.

High Rock consists of several Kingdoms, they can make it as big as they want. In fact, it would probably be a better idea to limit themselves to a small part of High Rock, as trying to fit multiple Kingdoms into the world map is going to make it even more obvious how small the world is. Skyrim could barely present a diverse, infighting province, and that was a single, until recently unified Kingdom.

Shoggot

Novice
Of course it's effort, cause minimalism and "slick" stuff is what the trend is. The less they actually show, the more hype they get. It's the logic of "the less they show, the more and awesome they have in store". It actually works on people, who genuinely love Bethesda.

This type of marketing is actually rather effective and when done right, it deserves all the applause it gets.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no doubts that Bethesda uses it as a shade to hide how cheap and lazy they are. Same went now with Fallout 76. 12 hour of stream, nothing more than a old fashioned logo and Pipboy. So slick and minimalistic, they sure must have something big.
Ah, it's just Fallout 4 turned online. Meh.

I can already imagine the gameplay reveal of TES6 in my head and how they will again as always try to hide how actually lazy and cheap is that gonna be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom