Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Ray was the most spread out, he had points in everything. If memory serves, he's now better at bypass and surveillance, and more melee focused.
I always thought that Ray was bad at surveillance because his LARPing habits.
Think of someone whose idea of stake out is eye holes cut through of newspaper and constant self narration.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Right, so first question: how do support skill even work? Does only Sam skill actually counts? Do they add up? Guy with the best skill is used? And what about leadership? Does it work to have a leader who ISN'T Sam...?

Cheers Eyestabber. Best skill is used in the vast majority of situations, including the CYOA bits. Only example I can think of is surveillance, which always uses Sam's. The character with the highest leadership is considered the leader of the combat team. Arcadi is likely the best pick for leader/interrogator.

Oukay, but what about bypass? I'm getting the feeling that Bypass + Surveillance are simply mandatory for the main character, correct?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Oukay, but what about bypass? I'm getting the feeling that Bypass + Surveillance are simply mandatory for the main character, correct?

Surveillance is useful, and you'll gain it by using it, but you can also interrogate for info on districts. Wouldn't really invest many points in it (if any). Bypass is a good one to have, as Taka-Haradin puolipeikko pointed out, to allow your team to reposition a greater distance before combat starts. The formula is 20 for initial tile + 12 per additional tile.

ushas

Savant
IIRC, apart good on everyone on the strike team, it's also useful to let one specialize a bit faster. The highest bypass on the team influences chance to get reposition round (and think also chance to break into cars at the end?).

At the base, if an ally has 50 in Bypass and Surveillance, can send them to steal from enemies. Just did this. Mm, ninja got back home with an assault rifle and a lots of ammo, handy.

This was the case, but now it uses highest available team member skill.
Oh, that's why I've been passing those [Presence] skill checks in dialogues, it's Arcadi? Didn't realized, as it's usually Sam speaking. Though this somehow limits replayability if I may say so.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Oh, that's why I've been passing those [Presence] skill checks in dialogues, it's Arcadi's presence? Didn't realized, as it's usually Sam speaking. Though, this somehow limits replayability if I may say so.
Agreed.
Sam's skills being dominant on CYOA parts could be justified on him being the driving force of the team.

ushas

Savant
Oh, that's why I've been passing those [Presence] skill checks in dialogues, it's Arcadi's presence? Didn't realized, as it's usually Sam speaking. Though, this somehow limits replayability if I may say so.
Agreed.
Sam's skills being dominant on CYOA parts could be justified on him being the driving force of the team.
Ideally, it could be case by case, what makes sense in given situation. But that's not automatizable, unfotunately.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Had a few hours to spend with the game, not bad.

Fix dis:

2M6Yz8H.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Agreed.
Ideally, it could be case by case, what makes sense in given situation. But that's not automatizable, unfotunately.
I still think that allies stepping up on those situations should be dependent on their personal inclinations or Sam's leadership/presence overcoming their reluctance to do something.

ushas

Savant
I still think that allies stepping up on those situations should be dependent on their personal inclinations or Sam's leadership/presence overcoming their reluctance to do something.
That would be cool, of course. Or relationship? (heh, so one hating Sam botches the work, whoops) However, technically we're talking about adding more variety and one more dimension (one more variable) to dialogues. Perhaps make a wishlist for a potential sequel?:)

ushas

Savant
So from looking at the numbers, if surgery and gym facilities upgraded all the way up, Edgar can become athletic behemoth destroyer at level 26.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm enjoying the game so far.
Looks like it was the perfect release window, while BT4 and Pathfinder are on a patching spree.

Although it would be nice to sort saved games by date and time, not by name.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
So from looking at the numbers, if surgery and gym facilities upgraded all the way up, Edgar can become athletic behemoth destroyer at level 26.

Imagine he'd be an absolute monster.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I'm enjoying the game so far.
Looks like it was the perfect release window, while BT4 and Pathfinder are on a patching spree.

Although it would be nice to sort saved games by date and time, not by name.

Glad to hear that, Nortar - yeah, release date worked out pretty well. Thought with so many TB games releasing lately, it was risky, but it was either now, or sit on it until March, which would have probably driven me insane.

I will be doing some extra work on Vigilantes, once things have settled down a bit, and will keep it in mind.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Why March?

The general opinion is that it's not good to launch too close to Christmas. The level of high profile releases increase, coverage is harder to get, and the frequency of sales events increase. People usually overspend at Christmas, so they may be less inclined to buy a game in January or early February. This is really just theory though. Haven't launched enough games to back this up with figures.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I will be doing some extra work on Vigilantes, once things have settled down a bit, and will keep it in mind.

Well then, look into the walls of the playground map, since they are completely bugged and enemies shoot right through them. Mobster Nightclub Racket is also missing textures (for me at least).

And what's the deal with the ambush event? Is it supposed to be winnable? And why does it proc on a sector I'm launching my very first mission? This event really feels like the game giving you the middle finger, TBH.

Codex Year of the Donut
Glad to hear that, Nortar - yeah, release date worked out pretty well. Thought with so many TB games releasing lately, it was risky, but it was either now, or sit on it until March, which would have probably driven me insane.
Your game is the only recent RPG release that wasn't buggy as fuck.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Well then, look into the walls of the playground map, since they are completely bugged and enemies shoot right through them. Mobster Nightclub Racket is also missing textures (for me at least).

And what's the deal with the ambush event? Is it supposed to be winnable? And why does it proc on a sector I'm launching my very first mission? This event really feels like the game giving you the middle finger, TBH.

Will do. Just to check, were you in the middle of the wall or an edge of it. LOS checks to full cover also check the tiles a character standing in the cover can strafe to. If it happens again, would you be able to send me a screenshot to give me an idea of the area the problem is with. Same with the nightclub, if I know where the textures are missing, I'll do my best to sort it.

Concerning ambush event: it's beatable, but it depends on the difficulty, how soon you trigger it. You can avoid it by varying your attack pattern. Also possible to assassinate the leader, using lethal force and flee, but you won't get intel.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Your game is the only recent RPG release that wasn't buggy as fuck.

The state of the game is really due to community support. Around 13,000 hours of playtime were clocked in EA. Wouldn't have been able to catch all that stuff by myself. ushas and Taka-Haradin puolipeikko and a number of others kindly did a lot of testing over multiple versions and really did a huge amount to improve stability. Cheers guys :)

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Congrats with the release of your game, i hope it does well.

With the insane amount of tactical games releasing now or very soon it will be hard to find the time for a proper playthrough..

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
regarding wall shooting:
pNttOxM.jpg

enemy marked with an arrow shot at my warrior in red aeveral turns in a row from that position, and connected a couple of times.

Also it seems that screenshot is with grain effect even though i switched it off in game.

Risewild

Arbiter
Timeslip

I seem to have found a bug.

It seems like the game isn't taking into account the bonus -1AP from the Firing Position perk when it comes to make a Overwatch action:
mlMgfmU.jpg

This happens every time I try to Overwatch when the shot cost is reduced by the perk, and I have the exact amount needed to shoot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom