Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Ok friend I'll give you a nice response

As things are now, this thread is mostly negative towards the game and might make others that like what they saw not want to post.
Also, since you would be talking about actual things, it would be much harder for others to dismiss, ignore or counter your points.

This thread is 99% shitposting with literally no arguments for why people don't like the game. The 1% of actual 'arguments' for disliking the game are:

1. Beth butchering lore
  2. Performance problems on xbox?
  3. Some vague shit like what taxalot says like 'they don't have a clear vision for the game'
If you're in camp #1, Beth acquired FO in or before 2008. They don't write stories. If it takes you more than 10 years to get over this you've got serious mental issues.

2) who the fuck on this site is seriously going to play any shooter on console?? Game will run fine on PC. IDK how it's a surprise that a modern game has some frame drops running 4K on a 5 year old console

3) They've literally stated their vision over and over again since announcement. It's a huge ass map with 24 players and you get to explore/shoot shit/build shit/PVP/collect guns. That's the vision.

y cant beth just make a great single player RP experience like fallout 4???
Mate. I appreciate the laughs, but it's also getting a bit sad. Not to mention it is clogging the thread.

So my ~4 posts are clogging the thread but the 88 pages of literal shitposting and rage over literally nothing isn't? As if Beth making a single player FO5 would have been somehow better than innovating.

Look, this is how you should post in a thread about something you will LOVE but others don't seem to:
  • Post about good aspects of the game.
  • Post about what you plan to do with your friends in the game.
  • Etc.
By doing those things above, you might be able to attract other people who think the same as you into this thread, and actually talk about the game.

Exploring is always good in these games, lots of enemy variety, the shooting is fun, weapons are cool, building gives you something to work on long term, map is like 4x bigger than FO4, graphics are great, there are built in PVP systems, they're striking a nice balance between 'hardcore full loot' style pvp and 'totally carebear casual', there's proximity chat so I can scream into my mic while chopping an unsuspecting player up with an axe, . . .. . .

This game's going to be a mega success they obv know what they're doing here

Risewild

Arbiter
This thread is 99% shitposting with literally no arguments for why people don't like the game. The 1% of actual 'arguments' for disliking the game are:
I posted plenty about all the things I didn't like when I saw videos and what Bethesda was saying about Fallout 76. One of the things I really scratched my head thinking about was "Fallout 76 is a survival game" says Todd and Pete, then they go and say "You don't lose anything when you die. If you die from another player you only lose junk", then they say "PVP is optional", then they say "your camp disappears from the server when you're not playing. So other players can't destroy it" and so on... How is this a survival game? This is a snowflake game.
Survival games punish you if you die, test your endurance and skill so you won't die, require micromanaging so you won't die, require being careful so you won't die... That is why they are called survival games. Fallout 76 is not a survival game, it is a game where you play and don't care if you die... You can even respawn right next to where you died, so you won't lose time to go back to where you fell. Other players can also rescue you when you're down... Survival my ass :lol:. That is why this is so funny.

The lore breaks, are hilarious because they don't need to break that lore at all. It doesn't require a genius to come up with reasons that don't break the lore for what they want. The Super Mutants are easily explained by them being from the Capital Wasteland, which is nearby and in Fallout 3 they say the Super Mutants have existed as soon as the bombs fell, so in 20 years they could have migrated there easily.

The Brotherhood of Steel doesn't need to be mentioned at all. BoS were pre-war army guys using pre-war army equipment. All they need to do is have some army survivors banding together to help people or to try and survive together. The Power Armors are the same, the weapons are the same... No need for BoS tag.
Since it is a multiplayer online game, allow players to paint Power Armors like in Fallout 4 and let them be able to use the BoS logo if they want, that way a player can be a BoS if they really want to, and come up (or not) with their own reason why they are there. No need to butcher the lore and come up with functional satellites that can only communicate with West Virginia for some reason. That allowed a faction to recruit people from the other side of the country. While this faction has been against recruiting people into their own faction since the start, that when a part of them wanted to start recruiting outsiders, they got kicked out and ended up in Chicago as a rogue faction.
Again, it is funny how they just pull explanations out of their ass for things they never considered before they implemented them in the game. And only make something up on the fly when enough people start asking "why"? :lol:
So my ~4 posts are clogging the thread but the 88 pages of literal shitposting and rage over literally nothing isn't? As if Beth making a single player FO5 would have been somehow better than innovating.
They are when you post giant images with only one meme face on them which doesn't contribute anything relevant to the thread. At least shrink them so it won't clog this thread.
Exploring is always good in these games, lots of enemy variety, the shooting is fun, weapons are cool, building gives you something to work on long term, map is like 4x bigger than FO4, graphics are great, there are built in PVP systems, they're striking a nice balance between 'hardcore full loot' style pvp and 'totally carebear casual', there's proximity chat so I can scream into my mic while chopping an unsuspecting player up with an axe, . . .. . .
If weapons are like Fallout 4, they definitely need some work to be cool though. Many Fallout 4 players complained about how they preferred Fallout 3 weapon style. Graphics are dated though, another thing many players of Fallout 4 commented too. I would say there is built in "Anti PvP" systems. All of their systems punish PvP, even if accepted there isn't much to gain from killing other players. They even said (their own words, not mine) that a level 5 player with a knife and no armor can defeat a level 80 player with power armor and a minigun... So what's the point in having PVP? Why would a player want to accept the challenge of anyone else, if even a noob that just started his character can defeat the character you spent 300 hours leveling, equipping, customizing, and turning into a killing machine? Fallout 76 is made to not have people killing each other, it is designed to not reward PVP.
You also can't chop an unsuspecting player up with an axe, because to chop a player up, they have to accept the duel. So you can hit him with an axe, but he just shrugs it off or he will just turn on the Pacifist mode and be done with.
Also there is no hardcore full loot style PVP. You don't get full loot from PVP in Fallout 76, you get junk and some caps when you defeat the enemy, you don't get weapons, items, armor, cards, etc.

I run out of time to continue my post. I might come back later if I remember.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I posted plenty about all the things I didn't like when I saw videos and what Bethesda was saying about Fallout 76. One of the things I really scratched my head thinking about was "Fallout 76 is a survival game" says Todd and Pete

Really? Then why did Todd say this when FO76 was announced?

“We avoid the word ‘survival’, because people’s minds immediately go to DayZ and Rust and certain other games, and those comparisons are not really accurate for what we’re doing,”
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/jul/17/fallout-76-bethesda-todd-howard-interview

They've been actively against using that term since announcement so IDK why you would assume any of those survival elements.

, then they go and say "You don't lose anything when you die. If you die from another player you only lose junk", then they say "PVP is optional", then they say "your camp disappears from the server when you're not playing. So other players can't destroy it" and so on... This is a snowflake game. ..

I would say there is built in "Anti PvP" systems. All of their systems punish PvP, even if accepted there isn't much to gain from killing other players. They even said (their own words, not mine) that a level 5 player with a knife and no armor can defeat a level 80 player with power armor and a minigun... So what's the point in having PVP? Why would a player want to accept the challenge of anyone else, if even a noob that just started his character can defeat the character you spent 300 hours leveling, equipping, customizing, and turning into a killing machine? Fallout 76 is made to not have people killing each other, it is designed to not reward PVP.
You also can't chop an unsuspecting player up with an axe, because to chop a player up, they have to accept the duel. So you can hit him with an axe, but he just shrugs it off or he will just turn on the Pacifist mode and be done with.
Also there is no hardcore full loot style PVP. You don't get full loot from PVP in Fallout 76, you get junk and some caps when you defeat the enemy, you don't get weapons, items, armor, cards, etc.

First, in what world is logging out for a few hours and coming back to a destroyed/salvaged camp anyone's idea of fun? Nobody wants to hound their camp 24/7, disappearing on logout is totally reasonable.

Second, and mind you I'm a person who's played some crazy-ass hardcore full-loot sandbox-pvp MMOs (eve,darkfall), pvp must be much more reliant on player skill than time spent in game. It's ok to reward someone for their playtime with a slight bonus, but it feels REALLY shitty when a player stands no chance against someone just because they haven't sunk 10,000 hours into the game. Nobody wants to get bodied by some dickhead neckbeard who spends all day playing one game, just because they have +100000 weapon damage, and it's really good that they're not allowing that to happen.

Full loot also isn't important. The fun is in fucking another player up, not in stealing their power armor or whatever. Dark Souls pvp is infinitely fun but you don't get to take all the person's shit when u kill them.

I'm on the fence regarding the duel system but I can see why it's there to prevent griefing.. I'm sure there's ways to trick people into accidentally shooting you and thus accepting the duel though. That said they have a PVP mode where you hunt people and there's territorial control in the form of workshops that are used to craft special items, which is actually a pretty hardcore idea that does reward pvp:

The lore breaks, are hilarious because they don't need to break that lore at all. It doesn't require a genius to come up with reasons that don't break the lore for what they want. The Super Mutants are easily explained by them being from the Capital Wasteland, which is nearby and in Fallout 3 they say the Super Mutants have existed as soon as the bombs fell, so in 20 years they could have migrated there easily.

Nobody cares about FO lore except like 50 boomers who were actually alive when FO1 and 2 came out. Beth's target audience is not the 50 autists who are freaking out over some lore inconsistency. I doubt the devs even read the lore, they probably just come up with shit that sounds cool and throw it in the game. I mean u can laugh at it or whatever but we've known this for 10 years now.

They put things like BoS in the game because it's a 'fallout thing', less than a percent of the audience gives a damn about the lore and again the devs obviously don't care and there's nothing wrong with that.

If weapons are like Fallout 4, they definitely need some work to be cool though. Many Fallout 4 players complained about how they preferred Fallout 3 weapon style.

FO4's gunplay is better if you like skill based aim but FO3's is better(?) if you like dice roll RPG based aim I guess. Thing is, most people are in the skill based aim camp (and rightly so). Beth has been moving away from traditional rpg progression for a decade, again. And that's a good thing, especially for a shooting game

Graphics are dated though, another thing many players of Fallout 4 commented too.

The xbox is dated! Compare PC with XB1 graphics in this vid:

NOTHING looks good on xbox right now, but they've got some early exclusivity thing w/ them so that's the footage we've seen so far. FO4 looks REALLY good on PC and FO76 upgrades graphics further, but I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

Risewild

Arbiter
Really? Then why did Todd say this when FO76 was announced?

“We avoid the word ‘survival’, because people’s minds immediately go to DayZ and Rust and certain other games, and those comparisons are not really accurate for what we’re doing,”
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/jul/17/fallout-76-bethesda-todd-howard-interview

They've been actively against using that term since announcement so IDK why you would assume any of those survival elements.
And yet, right after that he says: "If you think about the survival modes we’ve made in Fallout 4, it has that vibe".
At E3 he said "Open World Survival, every person and character is real"

Then later he calls it "softcore survival": "People wonder if this is hardcore survival. I like to think of it, maybe, this is more softcore survival"
So it went from a Open World Survival game, to a softcore survival game in less than a month, and the next month he says "Don't call it survival!" :lol:
STOP CALLING IT WHAT I CALLED IT IN THE PAST! :argh:
See? This is what is so funny, he says one thing, then changes it and says a different thing, then he changes it again and it isn't either of those two things anymore. :lol: Todd should be a politician with all of that backpedaling :lol:
First, in what world is logging out for a few hours and coming back to a destroyed/salvaged camp anyone's idea of fun? Nobody wants to hound their camp 24/7, disappearing on logout is totally reasonable.
And yet, games like that have thousands of regular players everyday. :lol: That is one feature of online survival games. Oh wait, Todd said it's not survival anymore, after saying it was...
Second, and mind you I'm a person who's played some crazy-ass hardcore full-loot sandbox-pvp MMOs (eve,darkfall), pvp must be much more reliant on player skill than time spent in game. It's ok to reward someone for their playtime with a slight bonus, but it feels REALLY shitty when a player stands no chance against someone just because they haven't sunk 10,000 hours into the game. Nobody wants to get bodied by some dickhead neckbeard who spends all day playing one game, just because they have +100000 weapon damage, and it's really good that they're not allowing that to happen.
So, PVP on a so called "RPG", shouldn't be dictated by how much time you spent leveling, gathering good equipment, making a good character for your playstyle? Go play shooters then... Oh wait, this is Fallout, it is a shooter and nothing else :lol:. Although, it is still marketed as an Online RPG... RPG where the character build is always more important than players physical skill. :lol:
So, as I said, Fallout 76, the game for snowflakes :D. And again, what this will do is make people not accept PVP at all
Full loot also isn't important. The fun is in fucking another player up, not in stealing their power armor or whatever. Dark Souls pvp is infinitely fun but you don't get to take all the person's shit when u kill them.
So, first you say one of the fun things you can't wait for is to experience the full loot PVP, now you say full loot PVP it is not important after I point out there is no full loot? :lol:
I'm on the fence regarding the duel system but I can see why it's there to prevent griefing.. I'm sure there's ways to trick people into accidentally shooting you and thus accepting the duel though. That said they have a PVP mode where you hunt people and there's territorial control in the form of workshops that are used to craft special items, which is actually a pretty hardcore idea that does reward pvp:
How will people accidentally shoot you if they said they made a Pacifist mode for anyone that wants to avoid hitting other players accidentally? :lol:
The hunting mode only works for those who want to use it, which since most people seem to not be interested in PVP, I doubt it will be popular. They also keep that mode shrouded in secrets and didn't clarify how it will work.
Also territorial control, with a limit of 24 players on at the same time, what are the chances of players be in that territory to protect it from others taking it over? Are the territories controlled by a player/group still "owned" by them while they aren't online?
The way I see it is that someone gets that territory, crafts some special items, gathers a few resources, logs out. Then someone else goes there, gets control of it because the previous owners aren't around, craft some special items, gathers some resources, and so on.
Also, let's be honest, how PvP is set up, you can always take a workshop over if you're persistent enough, you die trying to get it, you respawn right around the corner and attack again, you will exhaust the defenders healing and kill them sooner or later... Also, if you try to take over a workshop, how will it work if the owners have pacifist mode on? How will you take it over if they are there and can't be attacked? :shittydog:
Nobody cares about FO lore except like 50 boomers who were actually alive when FO1 and 2 came out. Beth's target audience is not the 50 autists who are freaking out over some lore inconsistency. I doubt the devs even read the lore, they probably just come up with shit that sounds cool and throw it in the game. I mean u can laugh at it or whatever but we've known this for 10 years now.
You haven't been around gaming communities much, have you? Even people who didn't care about lore breaks in Fallout 4 are commenting how stupid the lore breaks in Fallout 76 are. Even people who like the game are spending a lot of time with mental gymnastics to explain the lore breaks in Fallout 76, I have seen entire walls of text from 76 fans trying to explain the lore breaks.
I guess "nobody" means a lot of people, and on both sides (people who say they like that game and people saying they don't like the game). Not to mention this thread right here shows a lot of people who care about lore, and most of them are not even 25 years old :lol:.
They put things like BoS in the game because it's a 'fallout thing', less than a percent of the audience gives a damn about the lore and again the devs obviously don't care and there's nothing wrong with that.
Addressed above.
FO4's gunplay is better if you like skill based aim but FO3's is better(?) if you like dice roll RPG based aim I guess. Thing is, most people are in the skill based aim camp (and rightly so). Beth has been moving away from traditional rpg progression for a decade, again. And that's a good thing, especially for a shooting game
No, Fallout 4 fans said they prefer the Fallout 3 weapons style, not combat mechanics. They said they wanted the weapons to look like they did in Fallout 3, that Fallout 4 style weapons look awful. Some of the most popular mods for Fallout 4 are classic weapon packs, with thousands of downloads and users.
The xbox is dated! Compare PC with XB1 graphics in this vid:
Fallout 76 graphical engine is still dated. Even Crysis had better graphics 11 years ago and without any mods (just on highest graphic settings):

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
no arguments for why people don't like the game

WHY DONT U LIKE THE GAEM!!!!??? PLZ LIEK THE GAEMN!!!!!!!!!!!

innovating.

lol

the devs obviously don't care and there's nothing wrong with that.

Indeed they don't care. About anything really except selling to as many people as possible.
However if you think there's no problem with that just shows what a braindead fanbot you are.

I'm guessing yet another retard barely out of puberty?

> Game looks like it was made 20 years ago -> 10/10 RPGCODEX

Yep, exactly that.

graphics are great,
so I can scream into my mic while chopping an unsuspecting player up with an axe,

Games looks great and I can scream like a retarded 12 year old in the microphone -> 10/10 Bethesdard.

Risewild

Arbiter

Pretty much what I thought it would be.
It seems PvP really sucks in Fallout 76 after all. That is just awful and doesn't seem any fun at all. I guess both players can just try and fight standing still on a flat surface, that could make it less annoying :lol:.

I was only caught by surprise about the "always running into other players". I thought it would be rare to see other players.

And Fallout 76 still has engine bugs found in Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4 (3D body model stretching)... Damn, when will you finally fix your engine's Bethesda?

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Assuming map expansions are part of their roadmap, they'll need to up the player count as they expand.

Conan Exiles launched with 70 player servers, netcode couldn't keep up, lowered them to 40, promised to raise them again before launch, their map quadrupled in size and the player count remained the same. Game felt dead before the expansions came at 40 players and it was ridiculously dead when quadrupled at the same server capacity.

I believe F76 is larger than Conan Exiles' landmass at launch and it has over a third of the capacity less than Conan Exiles did. I have a feeling when people are actually spread out, the game is going to feel deader than shit. Especially without NPCs.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Gerrard

Arcane
>The xbox is dated

ZCqySWu.jpg

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
So it went from a Open World Survival game, to a softcore survival game in less than a month, and the next month he says "Don't call it survival!" :lol:

So when announcing the game he calls it softcore survival, then like a week later when people are freaking out thinking the game's going to be ark or rust they decide to distance themselves from that word. I think softcore survival is a good way of describing the game but I don't blame them from backing off from the word because lots of people see 'survival' and immediately associate the game with hardcore survival games, which is totally not what this game is.

And yet, games like that have thousands of regular players everyday. :lol: That is one feature of online survival games. Oh wait, Todd said it's not survival anymore, after saying it was...

Ok but FO76 is going to be WAAAAAY more popular than rust/arc/conan and one of the reasons is because of things like this, where you don't get punished for logging out and having a life outside the game.

So, PVP on a so called "RPG", shouldn't be dictated by how much time you spent leveling, gathering good equipment, making a good character for your playstyle? Go play shooters then... Oh wait, this is Fallout, it is a shooter and nothing else :lol:. Although, it is still marketed as an Online RPG... RPG where the character build is always more important than players physical skill. :lol:
So, as I said, Fallout 76, the game for snowflakes :D. And again, what this will do is make people not accept PVP at all

I mean that's how they make games and it's been that way since skyrim or even oblivion, where player skill matters more than stats. It shouldn't be much of a surprised to anyone that people who are good at FPS will be way better than some retard who can't aim (lolloll watching some of these youtube vids where they use vats constantly is hilarious).

I think this is just something we disagree on. Feeling impossibly behind someone who no-lifes a game is a huge turn off to me. I don't want my chance of winning a fight to be overwhelmingly determined by the number of hours I've sunk into the game. I'm sure armor and weapon quality will give you a nice boost in power but it shouldn't be like WoW or something where better gear or higher level literally determines the outcome in 100% of fights.

If that's what you want, there are other games that offer that experience but PvP games that do this die out pretty quickly because the barrier to entry becomes insane about a month after the game releases.

So, first you say one of the fun things you can't wait for is to experience the full loot PVP

I never said that

How will people accidentally shoot you if they said they made a Pacifist mode for anyone that wants to avoid hitting other players accidentally? :lol:

IDK I guess you won't be able to trick them into fighting, but you can still harass them by following around and shooting at them which is just as fun. If they really get annoyed I think they can block you. Do I like that? Not really, but it's probably a good thing to keep assholes like me from totally ruining the game for people.

The hunting mode only works for those who want to use it, which since most people seem to not be interested in PVP, I doubt it will be popular. They also keep that mode shrouded in secrets and didn't clarify how it will work.

PVP is always extremely popular, especially in games like this. People are 100% going to be using this mode.

Also territorial control, with a limit of 24 players on at the same time, what are the chances of players be in that territory to protect it from others taking it over? Are the territories controlled by a player/group still "owned" by them while they aren't online?
The way I see it is that someone gets that territory, crafts some special items, gathers a few resources, logs out. Then someone else goes there, gets control of it because the previous owners aren't around, craft some special items, gathers some resources, and so on.
Also, let's be honest, how PvP is set up, you can always take a workshop over if you're persistent enough, you die trying to get it, you respawn right around the corner and attack again, you will exhaust the defenders healing and kill them sooner or later... Also, if you try to take over a workshop, how will it work if the owners have pacifist mode on? How will you take it over if they are there and can't be attacked? :shittydog:

They've stated that taking a workshop automatically turns pacifist off if you have it on and flags you for PVP. As for chances of running into other players, I guess that depends on how rare the resources are from each workshop and how scarce the workshops are in the world. I would imagine there's more demand for fusion cell or meds workshops and those would be often contested, maybe less so for cereal box workshops or whatever. Also the workshop builds stuff on an hourly basis so you need to hold it for some time. You can't just take it then log off 5 minutes later.

BTW I think the player limit on a sever is more in the 30-40 range.

You haven't been around gaming communities much, have you? Even people who didn't care about lore breaks in Fallout 4 are commenting how stupid the lore breaks in Fallout 76 are. Even people who like the game are spending a lot of time with mental gymnastics to explain the lore breaks in Fallout 76, I have seen entire walls of text from 76 fans trying to explain the lore breaks.
I guess "nobody" means a lot of people, and on both sides (people who say they like that game and people saying they don't like the game). Not to mention this thread right here shows a lot of people who care about lore, and most of them are not even 25 years old :lol:.

I'm sure the lore breaks are stupid but again people who play Beth games largely don't care about lore/story and the ones that do are really fucking stupid. Expecting consistent lore or good story out of bethesda is insane.

No, Fallout 4 fans said they prefer the Fallout 3 weapons style, not combat mechanics. They said they wanted the weapons to look like they did in Fallout 3, that Fallout 4 style weapons look awful. Some of the most popular mods for Fallout 4 are classic weapon packs, with thousands of downloads and users.

From gameplay vids the FO76 weapons look fine to me but I guess we've only seen things like rifles/knives/pistols. This is like a minor subjective complaint tho

Even Crysis had better graphics 11 years ago and without any mods (just on highest graphic settings)

No it didn't lol that has the plastic look of a PS3 era game like modern warfare 3 or something. It was impressive for the time but they cut a lot of corners to make it work and it just doesn't compare to modern graphic quality.

Btw did anyone even enjoy weapons in Fallout 4? (this as well?) I don’t know what’s the fun in a game that’s a shooter, to have only some weird makeshift pipe weapons. Especially after the weaponry pornfest that was New Vegas.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Btw did anyone even enjoy weapons in Fallout 4? (this as well?) I don’t know what’s the fun in a game that’s a shooter, to have only some weird makeshift pipe weapons. Especially after the weaponry pornfest that was New Vegas.
What kind of degenerate uses melee-weapons in new vegas when manually loaded six shooters and lever carbines exist? Also, yes, fallout 4 had an extreme lack of weapon variety across the board, as well as little to no unique variants of each weapon types as far as I recall.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Nah fuck that. If you want to have "player skill" take precedence then make a shooter or fighting game. When you try to do the player skill shit in a game which has some form of RPG mechanics you get real garbage that doesn't flow right. I can't be the only one that cannot stand all this "player skill" stuff which really translates to twitchy skill 720 no scope reactionZ. It also attracts the most vile and most greasy of the unwashed masses. The type of person that loves Twitch clip montages set to EDM tracks and likely types emotes as words or says them out loud.

If you're giving me PVP in an RPG then I better get EVAPORATED by that fat, repugnant sack of trash who spent 1,000 hours within a month. I want to get my shit stomped because that's kind of why PVP in some games like MMORPGs can be fun. It was the opportunity to get a big scary weapon and your first want, your first immediate action is to go and obliterate some lesser geared scrub and make them your new e-girlfriend until they decide to log off. If everyone has a fair chance, then the RPG portion shouldn't exist since it's all just fluff at that point.

You need to understand, if I'm level 50 and you're level 10, I don't want there to be some behind-the-scenes scaling technique to make the game enjoyable for you. I want to destroy you. I want to show you what you could become one day if you work hard at it and grind like I did. There should be no comparison in our abilities because my character is so above yours that hitting you once sends you offline because of the immense power I wield.

In fact, I should be able to kill your character with such unmitigated power and with such force that you have that moment in your mind where you think I am actually some sort of sociopath IRL and likely abuse my poor mother by forgetting to arrange her medication. Or maybe you think I am such a lowdown scumsucking cunt that I must, I must have the smallest dick and the face of a gnoll so nobody will ever fuck me.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom