Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What can we do to be more progressive in RPGs?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
* Eliminate all straight white males from the world.
* Introduce everyone as a trans. cuck.
* Ensure everyone has a disability of some kind, i.e. a no armed swords-person, in order to defeat ableism.
* Eliminate all religion with the exception of Islam so we have Islamic Paladins.
* There are no males in the world, women reproduce asexually by laying eggs.
* Everyone is a feminist.
* There are no differences between anyone in the world. Everyone's stats are identical (all 10s).
* All classes are equal. Fighters and Mages are identical in function and abilities because otherwise we'd suffer from a lack of diversity.
* The leaders of the world are all on top of the oppression pyramid, and that is why they are platformed. No one else in the world can speak or make decisions until the leaders say they can. If you need to put on clothes you have to pray to the leaders.
* The leaders replace the gods.
* All dice rolls are equal (average roll per die).
* Whenever a party comes out off the dungeon the loot is distributed with the rest of the world.

Please post your ideas.

Cael

Arcane
* Ensure everyone has a disability of some kind, i.e. a no armed swords-person, in order to defeat ableism.
* Eliminate all religion with the exception of Islam so we have Islamic Paladins.
* There are no differences between anyone in the world. Everyone's stats are identical (all 10s).
* All classes are equal. Fighters and Mages are identical in function and abilities because otherwise we'd suffer from a lack of diversity.
* The leaders of the world are all on top of the oppression pyramid, and that is why they are platformed. No one else in the world can speak or make decisions until the leaders say they can. If you need to put on clothes you have to pray to the leaders.
* Whenever a party comes out off the dungeon the loot is distributed with the rest of the world.

Please post your ideas.
Hahahaha! Quality shit, dude. Quality shit. Well done :D

Mustawd

Here’s an idea for a game:

Set an rpg in Feudal Japan. And you follow a ninja from a lineage of ninjas that are half dark half light skinned ninjas. So obviously this ninja has the best of both worlds.

However, like any hero he has a weakness. Because he’s a halfbreed he has two weakenesses. Each thanks to one side of his ninja heritage.

The first weakness is the weakness of lust. As many dark ninjas live in cold regions, they have become adapted to the geography. The ninja males breed with the much larger, and consequently warmer, females. These females have the fat reserves to keep the entire family warm during winter. Thus, a matriarchical society is formed. Part of the game would be to showcase and bring awareness of the matriarchichal abuses to the smaller ninja males. However, in a cruel twist conpetition is fierce for these large females, and as a result the dark ninjas are a very sexualized society. Having sex with a variety of qualities of ninjas and non ninjas. Our hero in this case is no exception. It’s an Achilles heel thst constantly challenges his discipline and focus on whatever ninja mission he is on.

The second weakness comes from the light ninja side: Alcohol. Lots and lots and lots of alcohol. You see, the light ninja lack a gene that the dark ninjas have. This gene allows blood to properly flow to the brain. However, in the light ninja side this geme had been repressed due to inherent genetic racism that pervades their entire organism. As a weird type of evolutionary adjustment, the light ninjas have learned that consuming large and large amounts of alcohol, which enables the blood to flownto the brain properly. Needless to say the light ninjas are hammered. Constantly.

So the story finds our hero drunk off his ass, and hitting on retired discount geishas at the local sushi bar. Let’s call it Chillieajumanjiumikara. It is in the act of trying to woo a large old geisha that our hero overhears that hos favorite book “Apacolyptico Seven Sword Lucky Red Dragon Nowasaki” is being adapted to a board game.

The hero is flabbergasted, disgusted, insulted and enraged. However, there is one problem: The winter is quickly approaching, increasing his inherent drive to find large women for warmth, while his light ninja side requires him to be constantly hammered on Mexican sake.

The game’s main quest is to stop this book from becoming some poor rng fest board game (lukaszek ) while balancing his two weaknesses. This requires careful strategic management in terms of which towns he will visit. The larger the town the larger the women and the stronger the booze. However, the stronger the enemies he must fight (mostly effeminate men doing the bidding of evil amazonian Samurai overlords). Each town has a ruling Anazonian Overlord our hero must fight in order to continue to the next town. Eventually, coming to the final town where the Evil Montegura lives, converting his favorite novel to some meaningless game that is a shadow of what the novel represents.

There are some benefits with each weakness, but also drawbacks if the effects get too intense (for lust he will end up preoccupied with breeding and with alcohol hisnmain disadvantage is to randonly try to break down japanese house doors).

I don’t yet have a name for the game, bit I was thinking Mustawd Ninja: World Eater.

Cheers!!
DDC98542-B0-CC-45-B5-84-E0-33-AD6-B55-D743.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cael

Arcane
Set an rpg in Feudal Japan.
Stopped reading after that.

Is there any culture more retrograde and intentionally boring than Feudal Japan? You can see it even in their art. This is from a later period, but it shows exactly what I'm talking about.

Hey asshole. Read the post dickhead. It
Took me 10 minutes of typijg it on my phone at the bar.

Fucking rude mate.

:rpgcodex:
You were typing on the phone for 10 min at the bar. You're in no position to talk about rude...

:rpgcodex:

Mustawd

Oh I’m sorry. Who was I supposed to talk to? The huge black guy all tatted up with a viking beard sitting next to me who only said enough words to order two strawberry margaritas with “extra strawberry syrup” before crossing his arms for 5 minutes while he waited for the check?

That guy?

Yah, maybe that woulda been a cool convo. :/

Cael

Arcane
Oh I’m sorry. Who was I supposed to talk to? The huge black guy all tatted up with a viking beard sitting next to me who only said enough words to order two strawberry margaritas with “extra strawberry syrup” before crossing his arms for 5 minutes while he waited for the check?

That guy?

Yah, maybe that woulda been a cool convo. :/
Well duh! He could be called Bubba, and then what fun you could have had! :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Mustawd

That makes zero sense. A huge scary looking dude drinking strawberry margaritas is an interesting story though.

Cael

Arcane
That makes zero sense. A huge scary looking dude drinking strawberry margaritas is an interesting story though.
Old joke: The big black guy that inevitably shares a prison cell with you is always named Bubba, and would love to make you his little friend.

Lagi

Savant
i think one of the good step would be to shift amount of stuff that can be done from spells into skills,
or even exclude some outcomes from being done by magic.

f.ex.
identification - there is no spell that can simply reveal the abilities of items, either your party members have enough knowledge or your forced to search for the knowledge in libraries or in NPC experts.

create food

healing wounds - spells can create temporary HP (to prevent PC from dying), but final healing have to be done by medics, sleeping, resting etc. => this implicate interesting gambits (dispelling enemy spells for instant kill)

travel - teleportation required absurd amount of power, and only happens as background story efforts. In game short distance teleport, are illusion of distracting enemy, while "mage" run away.

you think you're funny with promoting this aberrations in our autistic sanctuary? you filthy, disgusting blasphemer

Falksi

Arcane
Here’s an idea for a game:

Set an rpg in Feudal Japan. And you follow a ninja from a lineage of ninjas that are half dark half light skinned ninjas. So obviously this ninja has the best of both worlds.

However, like any hero he has a weakness. Because he’s a halfbreed he has two weakenesses. Each thanks to one side of his ninja heritage.

The first weakness is the weakness of lust. As many dark ninjas live in cold regions, they have become adapted to the geography. The ninja males breed with the much larger, and consequently warmer, females. These females have the fat reserves to keep the entire family warm during winter. Thus, a matriarchical society is formed. Part of the game would be to showcase and bring awareness of the matriarchichal abuses to the smaller ninja males. However, in a cruel twist conpetition is fierce for these large females, and as a result the dark ninjas are a very sexualized society. Having sex with a variety of qualities of ninjas and non ninjas. Our hero in this case is no exception. It’s an Achilles heel thst constantly challenges his discipline and focus on whatever ninja mission he is on.

The second weakness comes from the light ninja side: Alcohol. Lots and lots and lots of alcohol. You see, the light ninja lack a gene that the dark ninjas have. This gene allows blood to properly flow to the brain. However, in the light ninja side this geme had been repressed due to inherent genetic racism that pervades their entire organism. As a weird type of evolutionary adjustment, the light ninjas have learned that consuming large and large amounts of alcohol, which enables the blood to flownto the brain properly. Needless to say the light ninjas are hammered. Constantly.

So the story finds our hero drunk off his ass, and hitting on retired discount geishas at the local sushi bar. Let’s call it Chillieajumanjiumikara. It is in the act of trying to woo a large old geisha that our hero overhears that hos favorite book “Apacolyptico Seven Sword Lucky Red Dragon Nowasaki” is being adapted to a board game.

The hero is flabbergasted, disgusted, insulted and enraged. However, there is one problem: The winter is quickly approaching, increasing his inherent drive to find large women for warmth, while his light ninja side requires him to be constantly hammered on Mexican sake.

The game’s main quest is to stop this book from becoming some poor rng fest board game (lukaszek ) while balancing his two weaknesses. This requires careful strategic management in terms of which towns he will visit. The larger the town the larger the women and the stronger the booze. However, the stronger the enemies he must fight (mostly effeminate men doing the bidding of evil amazonian Samurai overlords). Each town has a ruling Anazonian Overlord our hero must fight in order to continue to the next town. Eventually, coming to the final town where the Evil Montegura lives, converting his favorite novel to some meaningless game that is a shadow of what the novel represents.

There are some benefits with each weakness, but also drawbacks if the effects get too intense (for lust he will end up preoccupied with breeding and with alcohol hisnmain disadvantage is to randonly try to break down japanese house doors).

I don’t yet have a name for the game, bit I was thinking Mustawd Ninja: World Eater.

Cheers!!
DDC98542-B0-CC-45-B5-84-E0-33-AD6-B55-D743.jpg

Never forget to include the art of Seppuku by frisbee for the dishonoured

Krew-1092251822.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
All achievements must be achievable by disabled gamers. Not a joke, this was actually a popular suggestion on the Obsi forums. It's unacceptable to have an achievement that a disabled gamer can't achieve, now.

giphy.gif

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What about for people who can't be fucked achieving achievements??? I would really like automatic achievements. Just turn the game on and BAM! 100% achievements.

PorkBarrellGuy

clearly the most progressive thing to do in RPGs is to roll nothing but minority wombyn characters with crap stats healthy-at-every-value stats

All the shitposting in this thread actually gave me a good idea: the king of the land should tax all your dungeon obtained loot. Much like in RL, where taxation solves many problems, this would solve the everpresent RPG issue of endless gold, and the king could spend that money to improve the infrastructure, creating convenient (but logical) ways to fast travel. :obviously:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
All the shitposting in this thread actually gave me a good idea: the king of the land should tax all your dungeon obtained loot. Much like in RL, where taxation solves many problems, this would solve the everpresent RPG issue of endless gold, and the king could spend that money to improve the infrastructure, creating convenient (but logical) ways to fast travel. :obviously:

Not a bad idea, though you could also gradually turn an RPG into a kingdom management or trading simulator where all your loot turn into resources for developing infrastructure, bribing clergymen and judges for favours etc etc. Pathfinder: Kingmaker already tried to implement such mechanisms, but I'm unsure to what extent.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Please post your ideas.

Don't worry. InXile's fist game with Microsoft will have all those covered

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom