Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Age of North America is over. The time of Central-Eastern Europe has come.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Nice bait.

North America isn't finished:
- Outer Worlds will be chock-full of SJW bullshit, but it should be a respectable RPG beyond that.
- Maybe DA: IV will be good? Surely Bioware will take this one seriously...
- Bethesda's recent trajectory and predictions for the future: Fallout 4 in 2015 (refuse to release sales figures because people hated it) > take the hate into account and begin working on Starfield > triple the number of employees and release 76 as a cash grab to fund their real projects (a tactic they have openly admitted to using since the 80's) > wait until 2019 or 2020 to release Starfield, both to introduce a new IP they have wanted to make for a long time, and to test new tech for the flagship > three years later, release TES VI that fully incorporates Daggerfall's ambition with Todd's vision of narrative
- Rumblings of Fable's triumphant return.
- Okay, so I'm grasping at straws, but no more than you are.

As for eastern Europe:
- Risen is good. The others are utter trash. The krauts haven't made a good game since 2009.
- Kingdom Come is boring, clunky garbage for autists. It's basically a tech demo.
- Kingmaker is gay and so are you.
- Underrail is alright. I think people want to like it very badly, and so they pretend it's better than it is.
- CDPR is the real deal.

So in other words, western RPGs are at a crossroads where they will either continue the decline or find salvation. The emergence of CDPR is significant. The emergence of other eastern European developers is a figment of your imagination.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
In the beginning CD Projekt was just a publisher on the Polish market, famous for great localizations of games such as Baldur's Gate. Then they spread their wings and became a holding.

CD Projekt Red was created with the aim of producing games, while CD Projekt Investment was formed for business ventures. In 2007 CDPR published Witcher 1, a year later CDPI launched GOG.

Hard to say which branch is more profitable. Propably in 2015 it was CDPR, in other years, GOG.

Very informative. I had no idea that CDP had anything to do with GOG. These guys are the shit.

Black Angel

Arcane
- Maybe DA: IV will be good? Surely Bioware will take this one seriously...
- Bethesda's recent trajectory and predictions for the future: Fallout 4 in 2015 (refuse to release sales figures because people hated it) > take the hate into account and begin working on Starfield > triple the number of employees and release 76 as a cash grab to fund their real projects (a tactic they have openly admitted to using since the 80's) > wait until 2019 or 2020 to release Starfield, both to introduce a new IP they have wanted to make for a long time, and to test new tech for the flagship > three years later, release TES VI that fully incorporates Daggerfall's ambition with Todd's vision of narrative
Yea right

As for eastern Europe:
- Risen is good. The others are utter trash. The krauts haven't made a good game since 2009.
Risen is good, but the "others", presumably including Gothic 1&2, are "utter trash"? Fuck off.

- Kingdom Come is boring, clunky garbage for autists. It's basically a tech demo.
Ha, someone can't accept their beloved hiking simulators getting one-upped by an indie-developer.

- Underrail is alright. I think people want to like it very badly, and so they pretend it's better than it is.
Oh please, don't project your feelings towards Bethshitda's products onto Codexers. Except, Bethshitda's products aren't even alright.

Overall, a :0/5: attempt. I was wrong to put my money into you, thinking you'll a masterful troll shitposter. Maybe try better next time,
bethestard.png
™.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Yea right
:shittydog:

The krauts haven't made a good game since 2009.
Risen is good, but the "others", presumably including Gothic 1&2, are "utter trash"? Fuck off.
The most recent Gothic was made in 2006 you fucking retard.

Ha, someone can't accept their beloved hiking simulators getting one-upped by an indie-developer.

The hiking simulator does have very pretty trees though.

...Bethshitda's...Bethshitda's...
Okay, this is epic.

Overall, a :0/5: attempt. I was wrong to put my money into you, thinking you'll a masterful troll shitposter. Maybe try better next time,
bethestard.png
™.
:5/5: burn. I'll remember to emulate it precisely next time around. But at least I have your money.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
The krauts haven't made a good game since 2009.
The most recent Gothic was made in 2006 you fucking retard.
Then maybe you should've specified it like, "Gothic 1&2 and Risen are good" and/or "the others since then are utter trash", you fucking retard.

Even then, ELEX! is arguably an honest and generally welcomed attempt to return to their roots, even though it doesn't hold a candle to Gothic 1&2.

Also, Gothic 2 is from 2002, and if you specified 'since 2009'..... are you implying Gothic 3 is 'not utter trash'? :lol:

The hiking simulator does have very pretty trees though.

Still runs and plays better than anything made in Shitbryo 2.0 :smug:

...Bethshitda's...Bethshitda's...
Okay, this is epic.
Your one-liner meme won't save your ass,
bethestard.png

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Kwanzaa continues to impress.

Germany is in eastern Europe.
Games like Blackguards don't exist.
FUSRODAH!!11
Next dragon age will be good.
Fable returns triumphantly.
By getting rid of the developers who once made certain companies great and hiring niggers, curryniggers and bluehaired libtard feminazies instead the expected quality of future games will only increase.
#bestregardskwagamer0815

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
CDPR went into decline hard on their second and third game. Corporate greed, catering to console tards, and all that.

Khor1255

Arcane
Serious question:

Are there any decent pc games that have been developed in the last decade?

To understand what I would consider decent I'll give a list of my all time favorite pc games I've played so far:

Jagged Alliance 2
Age of Empires
Combat Flight Simulator 4

Honorable mentions:
Fallout
Diablo
Myth 2
Lords of the Realm
Nocturne

I might be forgetting a few.

Khor1255

Arcane
I played it. I like the original better.

The graphics are cooler in 2 but I don't like the zoomed in view (avatars taking up far more map space) and a few other gameplay things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom