Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Good call, I forgot to rate your first post whining about Steam users butthurt.

Side note, hotlinking a deep-fried Facebook-tier meme from a site called girlsaskguys.com thinking it's a sick burn really underlines the type of retard you are. :lol:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Abandoning most of the paranormal/horror elements was a mistake, barring the Taiga schoolkids all the communities met so far are post apocalypse cliches we've all seen done a hundred times over.
Morality system rears it's ugly head again, here to stop me from having any fun. I am not nearly patient enough to QTE takedown everyone so I will just ignore it and accept my bad ending, hopefully it's the more interesting one same as the last two games. Frustrating that they have a decent amount of reactivity regarding how you approach objectives but all it amounts is to different guard dialogue you can overhear and some side character's fates.

Exploration seems to be the redeeming factor here, everything else is just not that great.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Incredible how all the games going Epic-exclusive are in the mediocre-to-shit range, isn't it? It's almost as though they took that bribe money to hedge their bets because they had no faith in their games actually selling copies. :lol:

Anyway, I limit myself to no more than a handful of posts in threads about shit games that aren't even generating any entertaining drama or controversies, so I'll leave you all to it.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm never going to buy Metro Exodus, not because it isn't on Steam, but because I played 2033 which was merely mildly interesting, and Last Light which was a snorefest. The trajectory is just down for the franchise, I have no interest.

RapineDel

Augur
Apologizes for 10 minutes for having to say that he had more fun with Far Cry New Dawn than this. He felt the game is simply boring. The only thing he liked is the characters.

:D

Jimmy doesn't even like games, most of his videos are about evil microtransactions and loot boxes (yes, they suck but he's made hundreds of videos on the one subject with basically no difference). When he does a gaming video it's either steam shovelware that he's laughing at or something like this where the opinion is mean to appeal to the majority of his viewers (all his viewers are console players and Exodus sucks on console).

Let's remember that he was one of those FO76 reviewers who said "it's making me rethink what I really thought of their older games!) despite giving Fallout 4 a 10/10 in his review as it was the flavour of the month.

Turjan

Arcane
Jimmy doesn't even like games, most of his videos are about evil microtransactions and loot boxes (yes, they suck but he's made hundreds of videos on the one subject with basically no difference). When he does a gaming video it's either steam shovelware that he's laughing at or something like this where the opinion is mean to appeal to the majority of his viewers (all his viewers are console players and Exodus sucks on console).
Sounds about right. He's mostly into fast shooters, if I see that correctly, which explains why he doesn't like Metro Exodus. He seems to like Apex Legends a lot at the moment.
I only linked that video because of that Far Cry New Dawn comparison, a game he doesn't like either, which I found kind of funny.

RapineDel

Augur

So the first Steam/Epic discrepancy appears.

Right now Epic's version has had a small patch (1.0.1.0) while as you can see they haven't bothered to patch the Steam release. Could they not be assed or does Fortnite money strike again?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Right now Epic's version has had a small patch (1.0.1.0) while as you can see they haven't bothered to patch the Steam release. Could they not be assed or does Fortnite money strike again?

That's the gog.com experience, with games released on both storefronts, being updated on Steam and then a week or so later (or maybe never in some cases) on gog.com.

I still prefer gog.com over Steam, because DRM-free is more important than timely updates. Same surely applies to Steamtards, who would prefer to use the way superior platform, and read the reviews for a couple of weeks and then get their game updated.

Perkel

Arcane

So the first Steam/Epic discrepancy appears.

Not all exe show game version though. To be sure you need to check it in game.

RapineDel

Augur
The point is more that they gave the impression Steam owners who had it preordered wouldn't get short changed. People preordered with the expectation that Steam was going to be the major PC platform (as was advertised). When it changed they assured people everything would be the same with Steam but it's not, patches are delayed and who's to say there won't be further issues.

When you buy on GOG (for a new release that's also on Steam) you go in with the acceptance that it's not going to be the platform developers are focused on first and foremost so it's not comparable. You do it because of the obvious benefits, benefits that the Epic store has zero of.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Classy

py0o866bnxg21.png

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Somehow got the good ending, seems like your body count doesn't matter if you're doing all the side objectives, maybe also has something to do with who lives and dies.
Final mission was leagues better than all the others.
Also want to say that there are some good music tracks in the game that make some scenes better than they deserve to be, writing being the way it is.

Game is about 25 hours long if you're taking your time.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Somehow got the good ending, seems like your body count doesn't matter if you're doing all the side objectives.
Final mission was leagues better than all the others.

Game is about 25 hours long if you're taking your time.

Replay value?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Replay value?
Been watching a stream. A few choices aside it looks pretty linear 10 hours in, I doubt it will change much later on. I doubt you can play it again right after completing it and have a massively different experience.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Is the gameplay any good? Typical modern popamole or something more tolerable?
The game devolves into Far Cry style outpost clearing a fair bit. Somewhat more tolerable as I think most of the bases have a "Commander" character that you can take out to get the rest of them to surrender, but maybe they just auto surrender if you kill enough when they know you're there.
Otherwise it's just exploring for upgrades/parts and running into some non-hostile NPCs that will talk your ear off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom