Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why would you waste div confetti on her? From my experience the difference in dmg was neglible. What made the difference for me was using mortal draw skill.

Oh, I have a Mortal Draw skill. That's nice that I've noticed it just now. Does the game tell you about it when you get the sword? Don't remember.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
According to a reviewer whom I trust: "You can't walk ten fucking feet without finding another idol."

It's Dark Souls 3 bonfires everywhere syndrome all over again, not a good sign.

Ivan

Arcane
The spectral monk is THE STUPIDEST FUCKING FIGHT in all videogame history. It fucking takes like 20 minutes because you can only do damage when she turns her back towards you, so only after certain rare-ish moves. OR you can farm the confetti for 2 hours for a single boss run. What a gigantically idiotic fight. Fuck you From.

false, you don't need confetti to beat him. you just need to STAY ON HIM and break his poise. stay on that ass

Dyskolos

Cipher
I wish they didn't decide to include stealth, I feel it cheapens the game (you can one-shot all the big common enemies, you can steal one HP blip from most minibosses...I mean it is fun, sort of, but I'd prefer just a straight up combat game).

I was back and forth on this for a while but I think it works. It feels to me like a context-adjusted version of the optional bow/magic ranged attacks from souls, only improved because people can't just with mindless patience safely snipe an entire courtyard here.

I'd tend to agree more about the mini-bosses but since the game ultimately gates all real progression behind the full bosses - I don't think you can even complete the first prayer necklace stat upgrade until you've killed either butterfly or horsey - players are only screwing themselves if they opt for turning stealth into an excuse not to learn the mechanics.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
According to a reviewer whom I trust: "You can't walk ten fucking feet without finding another idol."

It's Dark Souls 3 bonfires everywhere syndrome all over again, not a good sign.
The game is very significantly harder than DS3, having checkpoints closer makes more sense for it than it did for DS3. I'm only at the beginning of the game and I feel like I died half of what I died in a whole souls playthrough. I really didn't expect this.

I don't think you can even complete the first prayer necklace stat upgrade until you've killed either butterfly or horsey

You can if you complete both ashina outskirts and hirata estate in parallel before you reach the end of the paths and stumble upon the big bads. The beads only give you the posture/vitality upgrade though. You need to kill the real bosses for the attack power upgrade.

Jinn

Arcane
Is spear guy supposed to be the hardest boss in the game

If you're serious and have really been trying all this time, just move on to other things and come back later when you're stronger.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
cvv stop fake-complaining. Admit you're liking being raped, you faggot.

Everybody in this thread likes being raped, my fellow rape lover.

It's Dark Souls 3 bonfires everywhere syndrome all over again

I was just thinking about it. It's not AS bad as DS3 but you won't be starving for idols, that's for sure. There are exceptions but there were exceptions too in DS3 (the first run into the Cathedral).

Lord Romulus

Arcane
There's 2 seven spear guys btw.
Second one is accompanied by a samurai general near the end of the game. I took forever running in circles chipping away at him till I learned there's a stealth item that lets you pick him off. He's one of the hardest encounters if you don't use stealth and fight them both head on.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wish they didn't decide to include stealth, I feel it cheapens the game (you can one-shot all the big common enemies, you can steal one HP blip from most minibosses...I mean it is fun, sort of, but I'd prefer just a straight up combat game).

I was back and forth on this for a while but I think it works. It feels to me like a context-adjusted version of the optional bow/magic ranged attacks from souls, only improved because people can't just with mindless patience safely snipe an entire courtyard here.

You're probably right about the bow. Stealth is better than bow. Disagree about magic, that's MUCH richer and complex than stealth.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For those struggling with Orin - the key for me was the "Flowing Water" Ashina skill. Took it, beat her ass first try. The problem in my previous 20 tries was that her attacks build-up a lot of posture damage for you, even if perfectly parried. With this skill you're actually doing more damage to her. I see it as a possible must for fast, swordy bosses.

Suicidal

Arcane
To all the people having trouble with the spear guy - you know you can sneak around him for a free backstab, right?

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Who are you guys even talking about? Do you have any idea how many enemies in the game have spears? If you're talking about Seven Spears, he's not even the strongest guy in the whole resevoir.

Jinn

Arcane
I am getting stronger. I farmed like 10 levels clearing the area before fighting that dude.

I'm pretty sure you're just fucking with me now, but I mean come back when you have more vitality, attack power, and have more skill as a player (ie, not unlocked skills).

Sentinel

Arcane
For those struggling with Orin - the key for me was the "Flowing Water" Ashina skill. Took it, beat her ass first try. The problem in my previous 20 tries was that her attacks build-up a lot of posture damage for you, even if perfectly parried. With this skill you're actually doing more damage to her. I see it as a possible must for fast, swordy bosses.
Just in case you don't know, holding the Block button depletes your Posture gauge faster. That's how I beat her despite her pressure.

PrettyDeadman

I am getting stronger. I farmed like 10 levels clearing the area before fighting that dude.

I'm pretty sure you're just fucking with me now, but I mean come back when you have more vitality, attack power, and have more skill as a player (ie, not unlocked skills).
I can almost beat him almost every time (getting him as low as 1/8 or 1/10 of his hitpoints) but he beats me every time. I don't really see a point of leaving him alone, it's not like further bosses are going to be much easier. I want at least beat him before I start playing Outward tomorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom