Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outward - open world RPG where you are an ordinary adventurer and survival is harsh

Vagiel

Augur
Ok I am sold just a quick question about requirements and I am off to buy it. I am on an old laptop with an
i74710HQ/8GB/1TB/GTX 860M

Will it run ok or is it unoptimised?

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Ok I am sold just a quick question about requirements and I am off to buy it. I am on an old laptop with an

Well the steam reviews are rather bad, and I don't mean the bitchy ones because I don't mind oldschool mechanics, but the technical ones sound rather troubling. I saw two saying it stutters on PCs witch GeForce 1080 so...

Vagiel

Augur
That sounds bad,I still want to support them for their ideas and courage but I will wait until tomorrow to get a few more opinions.

PrettyDeadman

Eze house quest solution:

vPxXNgt.jpg

Just give this guy a bandage and he gives you a letter which makes them forget about your debt.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
That sounds bad,I still want to support them for their ideas and courage but I will wait until tomorrow to get a few more opinions.
Support them when they fix it, don't support laziness just because they slapped together a product with the intentions that it would appeal to old school RPG fans. That's how we all got conned during the Kickstarter era.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Geforce 1070 and no stutters here, though things might be different on Win10.

PrettyDeadman

I can say you one thing - this game is no Elex. First location is mainly big open field with rare wolves or bandits. Some blue haired dude with a hammer lunged at me while I was brining my loots overencumbered to base. I tried to run but died.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys,make sure you give the favour for debt,because you can't use it after you pay it. At least i haven't found a way outside of selling it for a third of the debt.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo the combat feels like PB games but the game lacks the good parts of PB game that make the combat gud. Also the equipment is retarded,here is my glorious here with the best equipment i got. Also i know no magic!
DDZgLTw.png

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Sleeping's the only way to save, right? Or does the game autosave when you transition between areas, too?

Oh and how the fuck do you pick up a bag if you already have one on you? To stash and sell later, I mean.

Jinn

Arcane
Sleeping's the only way to save, right? Or does the game autosave when you transition between areas, too?

I'm pretty sure it's just constantly saving, and saves automatically when you exit the game considering the non-savescumming nature of the game.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter

Well the steam reviews are rather bad, and I don't mean the bitchy ones because I don't mind oldschool mechanics, but the technical ones sound rather troubling. I saw two saying it stutters on PCs witch GeForce 1080 so...
negative reviews is stuff like “game don’t have quest compass”

ADL

Prophet

Honestly maybe Epic is onto something with having opt-in reviews because if they're not on the store page, they'll go to YouTube and at least then it's more clear when the reviewer is an idiot retard that shouldn't be listened to.

Murk

Arcane
I honestly never pay attention to reviews on steam or any aggregated sense. I have no idea what their taste is like, and often games I dislike/hate get high reviews or vice versa. I just rely on people whose tastes align with my own. It's probably the single most useful "consumer" aspect of being on a message board like the Codex where people share detailed impressions of what things are and how they work.

I'll trust the views of a single autist who I understand over a billion reddit-lite types clicking 4/5 and writing "I married a cat, 10/10 game" pretty much every time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Haven't seen a single negative review about this. All of them about how empty the game is,clunky combat,bad performance and being running simulator. And all of them are true.

Jinn

Arcane
Haven't seen a single negative review about this. All of them about how empty the game is,clunky combat,bad performance and being running simulator. And all of them are true.

Cool. Sounds like you can safely stop playing your pirated version of it now. Later, dude!

PrettyDeadman

The game is kinda easy and seems to be very light on content.
Feels like a worse version of Two Worlds but thats not necceseraly a bad thing. Still very playable and it can get better. I am still at the first location (just cleaning some dungeons and etc).
The only thing annoying is its not very easy to navigate (no marker on map, location is kinda empty and samey so not easy to find a proper landmark).

GrainWetski

Arcane
Only tried it for like 20 minutes, but I fucking love that you have to drop your backpack before fights to get a proper roll and that it contains all your stuff so fuck you if you forget it after the fight. The devil is in the detail.

Money also has weight. Is this game actual incline, as much as an action RPG can be? Combat seems fine if a bit simple. Not just mindless mashing at least.

Jinn

Arcane

How long have you been playing that is seems light on content already? There has been plenty to do in the few hours I've been trying it out.

Feels like a worse version of Two Worlds but thats not necceseraly a bad thing.

I can kind of see where you're coming from with this, but I think there is a lot more going on in this than Two Worlds. That's a pretty damning statement that I just don't agree with.

PrettyDeadman

Only tried it for like 20 minutes, but I fucking love that you have to drop your backpack before fights to get a proper roll and that it contains all your stuff so fuck you if you forget it after the fight. The devil is in the detail.

Money also has weight. Is this game actual incline, as much as an action RPG can be? Combat seems fine if a bit simple. Not just mindless mashing at least.
You actually have combos like 12 or 112 and etc. Some of them have nice range to catch enemies jumping away after recieving 2 hits or even knocking them on the ground.

PrettyDeadman

How long have you been playing that is seems light on content already? There has been plenty to do in the few hours I've been trying it out.

Feels like a worse version of Two Worlds but thats not necceseraly a bad thing.

I can kind of see where you're coming from with this, but I think there is a lot more going on in this than Two Worlds. That's a pretty damning statement that I just don't agree with.
I am talking about first area. Very simplistic quests and diologues in a very few numbers. Area design is very barebones. Most houses you cannot enter and what can enter are almost barren and have no npcs in them. Ill go to another location but so far there is a night and day difference between gothic, elex, enderal and this. Even Two Worlds seemed to have a lot more to offer in the beginning (and Ive played it like 10 years ago). But It doesn't bother me right now that much. It's just initial impressions...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom