Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
Would you rather something cheesy like Pathfinder Kingmaker: RE-CROWNED or something?
Better than Enhanced (Owlcat's Pockets) Edition.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is there an RPG in existence in which a Druid Shifter is actually good? Now that I think about it, I can't really recall any. I haven't played a Druid in ToEE, so maybe there? The Shifter in NWN1 gets really good only in epic levels, when you get undead form.
The problem with Druid is that a lot of their stuff is situational, and also very difficult to incorporate into CRPGs. Like, you can morph into any animal whenever you like? That's crazy for PnP. But in a CRPG, all you care about is how it functions in combat... which is to say, it's more or less quite bad.

I remember trying one in NWN2 and being furious that I would get un-shifted whenever a conversation started, effectively wasting one of my limited Wildshapes and making the character completely infuriating to play.

It's things like that that mess with Druid Shifters being really good in CRPGs.

Xeon

Augur
Question about the first crown,

I read that if I want the research, I need to keep the crown, is that the only way to have the research? if I promise him release to help later or to hand him over to the paladin, does that prevent me from researching completely?

Not sure how many researches I did but apparently I need to do at least 13 for the true ending and that feels like a lot especially since they take long ass time, so I would like to make sure I have at least that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there an RPG in existence in which a Druid Shifter is actually good? Now that I think about it, I can't really recall any. I haven't played a Druid in ToEE, so maybe there? The Shifter in NWN1 gets really good only in epic levels, when you get undead form.
In BG1EE Werewolf druid is pretty good.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really need to finish chapter 7 before the patch fuck my saves up due to playing with Advanced Martial Arts and Eldritich Arcana

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, Final area is no joke. I reached Chapter 6 and a lot of events started happening, more than I could do so decided to rush things thinking things will continue getting worse, finished researching and went and man.

I used Flame Strike and Flame Storm for most of the playthrough and worked amazing but in here, everyone keeps saving and either don't do any damage or some damage so my Druid is semi useless again, thinking of switching him into conjuring things instead. At least Sirocco is still doing good a little bit.

I am not even playing on hard, just challenging with auto level companions and easier kingdom.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was a bit ignorant in my previous post regarding the 'Craft magic arms and armor' mod. It takes a significant amount of time depending on how low your rank is to craft an item. 375 days for a suit of armor at rank 5 takes significantly less as you get better. Makes sense. It's also becoming quite interesting to build the party members I wont use around running my kingdom, and putting them to work crafting. Bonus! I probably have a Jewish ancestor in there somewhere...

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I do not have much familiarity with PF, but I thought Slayer was a mix of rogue and ranger.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, Final area is no joke. I reached Chapter 6 and a lot of events started happening, more than I could do so decided to rush things thinking things will continue getting worse, finished researching and went and man.

I used Flame Strike and Flame Storm for most of the playthrough and worked amazing but in here, everyone keeps saving and either don't do any damage or some damage so my Druid is semi useless again, thinking of switching him into conjuring things instead. At least Sirocco is still doing good a little bit.

I am not even playing on hard, just challenging with auto level companions and easier kingdom.
In final areas when you use attack spells you also want to use your metamagic rods. They are useless without them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I do not have much familiarity with PF, but I thought Slayer was a mix of rogue and ranger.
And Swordlord is basically a Duelist, which I don't think was ever a popular or useful prestige class. There are far more intriguing PrCs.

Xeon

Augur
How do you get rid of Baleful Polymorph? It says its removed by remove cursed spell, used 2 scrolls and still nothing.

Since this is the last area, time doesn't mean much, is that correct or should I still be very frugal with my time?

ArchAngel

Arcane
How do you get rid of Baleful Polymorph? It says its removed by remove cursed spell, used 2 scrolls and still nothing.

Since this is the last area, time doesn't mean much, is that correct or should I still be very frugal with my time?
check combat log, there might be a caster level check to dispel it. In that case you will use scroll caster level which will be lower than your full one.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The EE and last DLC will be a good excuse for me to pick this up again. I forget which chapter I stopped at (4-5?), but I grew bored of Kineticist. It was a great class though, but I think I am looking for something different. I may try to Paladin or Sorcerer next.

Edit: I am also surprised they passed up psychic. I thought that would be instant meme pick and terrible.

Cael

Arcane

Requires an opposed caster roll, IIRC, and scrolls are always at the lowest possible caster level, so if you got hit by a high enough level caster, you have no chance of getting rid of it via scroll. You will have to cast it yourself or get one of your buddies to do it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I see 0 point in adding more options to player without also adding them to enemies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom