Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Nah. There's a reason "Florida man" has become a cult figure
Because of Florida laws making nearly all government records accessible to the public including arrest records.
Which counters my argument how exactly? If Norway is going to use a state as a stand-in for craziness, the one whose population's ridiculous exploits are publicly available would seem the obvious choice.

Yosharian

Arcane
Does any D&D system have it set in stone?

No, I guess some cases it does because low int means it lacks the capacity to even understand the basic concepts and its just instincts but animals tend to have(or had) (T)N alignment since it doesnt apply to then.

The traditional Goblin society is however evil and so most Goblins will be evil, not all but the society itself will lend to create individuals that will be of that alignment since because thats how things work among Goblins, besides Goblins are folklore creatures and so they should reflect their origins and not having FUCKING HIPSTERS think they are so cool and AGAINST THE MAN and change then because YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAD!

If at one point your "Goblin" is nothing but a Gnome or a Dwarf well then, congratulations on your fedora and your YT D&D channel.
....what?

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't understand all the butthurt towards Tristian 'betraying' you. It was entirely understandable from his POV, and he did everything he could to work around what he was forced to do to help you e.g., protecting you from the cult even though he had to lure you there.

Codex Year of the Donut
nok-nok is ok
oXnZaC2.png

olqGOqV.png

:M

Sharpedge

Prophet
Surely this is a bug:
N6qbzG7.png

Playing through the enhanced edition now and noticed that pretty much every AC Source is stacking. Those sources of natural armour, wtf is happening there?

Kaivokz

Arcane
I don't understand all the butthurt towards Tristian 'betraying' you. It was entirely understandable from his POV, and he did everything he could to work around what he was forced to do to help you e.g., protecting you from the cult even though he had to lure you there.
It's worse that he kills Jaethal if you keep her as undead. I wish I could have killed the bastard instead since Jaethal was my tank the first time I played. Would have been better off if I had let Urgotha kill Jaethal or I killed Tristian, which sucks.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Surely this is a bug:
N6qbzG7.png

Playing through the enhanced edition now and noticed that pretty much every AC Source is stacking. Those sources of natural armour, wtf is happening there?
Dodge always stacks. Otherwise the only thing that seems to be stacking are the two natural armors from dragonkind and frightful aspect. Also monks are the best tanks; I'm using one for my endless dungeon party.

Sharpedge

Prophet
update your game to the latest patch
I just force verified and steam has not tried to run any additional updates, my game is fully up to date and this is occuring.
Dodge always stacks. Otherwise the only thing that seems to be stacking are the two natural armors from dragonkind and frightful aspect. Also monks are the best tanks; I'm using one for my endless dungeon party.
This is my endless dungeon character, I am on floor 34 at the moment and so far the character is doing fine.

Codex Year of the Donut
I just force verified and steam has not tried to run any additional updates, my game is fully up to date and this is occuring.
This is my endless dungeon character, I am on floor 34 at the moment and so far the character is doing fine.
Check the actual roll in a combat log when an enemy attacks you, is it still part of the calculation? Might just be a visual bug.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Check the actual roll in a combat log when an enemy attacks you, is it still part of the calculation? Might just be a visual bug.
That was taken from the combat log.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Except I created this character yesterday, so it is not possible for it to be bugged from before the patch, since it did not exist before the patch.

Kaivokz

Arcane
to be stacking are the two natural armors from dragonkind and frightful aspec
three, it has 12AC it shouldn't have. This was fixed in 2.0.2 iirc
Natural armor enhancements are different. Things like barkskin stack with the innate natural armor that some creatures have (which is what shapeshifting gives you). You can do the same thing with animal companions: increase their size for increased natural armor and then barkskin them for even more.

Codex Year of the Donut
to be stacking are the two natural armors from dragonkind and frightful aspec
three, it has 12AC it shouldn't have. This was fixed in 2.0.2 iirc
Natural armor enhancements are different. Things like barkskin stack with the innate natural armor that some creatures have (which is what shapeshifting gives you). You can do the same thing with animal companions: increase their size for increased natural armor and then barkskin them for even more.
Thanks, I'm not overly familiar with the Pathfinder ruleset.
So 'natural armor' and 'natural armor enhancement' are essentially separate bonus categories similar to the difference between 'deflection' and 'natural armor'?

Kaivokz

Arcane
Thanks, I'm not overtly familiar with the Pathfinder ruleset.
So 'natural armor' and 'natural armor enhancement' are essentially separate bonus categories similar to the difference between 'deflection' and 'natural armor'?
Yep, and typically "natural armor" = creature's innate armor bonus, while "natural armor enhancement" = some extra magical layer (like barkskin or amulets of natural armor). I'm not sure why Frightful Aspect and Dragonkind are stacking though. Maybe some kind of oversight or a rule I'm not familiar with.

Edit- it's analogous to normal armor. Armor gives +x armor bonus, +y Armor gives +x armor bonus +y armor enhancement bonus.

Sharpedge

Prophet
So I did a bit of experimentation and it seems to be a bug conditional on the order you use spells. If you cast Dragonform III and then Frightful Aspect, it results in them stacking, but if you use Frightful Aspect followed by Dragonform III, it results in Frightful Aspect being overwritten. I am not sure if this order of application of buffs bug occurs with any other sources of AC, but I would not be surprised.

Codex Year of the Donut
So I did a bit of experimentation and it seems to be a bug conditional on the order you use spells. If you cast Dragonform III and then Frightful Aspect, it results in them stacking, but if you use Frightful Aspect followed by Dragonform III, it results in Frightful Aspect being overwritten. I am not sure if this order of application of buffs bug occurs with any other sources of AC, but I would not be surprised.
Press ctrl+f11 ingame and submit a bug report

Kaivokz

Arcane
I think I'm around floor 25, running a four person party right now.
My monk is at 67 AC and 35/35/35/35/30/25 for 20-30 damage.
+7 Wisdom
+3 monk levels
+9 Dexterity
+5 deflection
+4 shield
+4 armor
+5 natural armor enhancement
+19 dodge (feat, censor's robes, wings, fight defensively, crane wing, defensive spin, haste)
+1 circumstance bonus
Rest of the party is Bard for buffs+songs, Fighter with composite longbow, and Dark Kineticist.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I think I'm around floor 25, running a four person party right now.
My monk is at 67 AC and 35/35/35/35/30/25 for 20-30 damage.
+7 Wisdom
+3 monk levels
+9 Dexterity
+5 deflection
+4 shield
+4 armor
+5 natural armor enhancement
+19 dodge (feat, censor's robes, wings, fight defensively, crane wing, defensive spin, haste)
+1 circumstance bonus
Rest of the party is Bard for buffs+songs, Fighter with composite longbow, and Dark Kineticist.
I am running a solo party with 19 Sylvan Sorc/1 monk+Dog. Tbh I could probably have gone without the monk level, I am kind of wanting the 1 extra level 8 and 9 spell atm more than the extra AC. My character is at 79 AC (not counting that stacking buff, now that I am aware of it I can avoid it). Gear isn't that great either, could have another 10-15 if I could actually find some of the nicer unique pieces. Unless the enemy composition changes sometime soon it has become somewhat tedious since every encounter since 30 has been some mixup of wild hunt or Autumn golems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom