Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So what's the endgame here...

JasonMack

Literate
So InfiniJew and DarkUndercock have had their fun by now, and yet the avatar/name situation is still in place. What's the endgame of it all I wonder?

Is it a test? What's it testing? Is it punishment, or some means of making us appreciate what we've got knowing it can be taken away at a moment's notice? What will finally bore them enough to return this place back to normality? Or have they just gone insane?

Will it ever end?

xAb9WPm.gif

.Pixote.

Augur
May they soon remove the message numbers, and we will all become one with the collective...

-Zep

Falksi

Arcane
I feel your suffering Citizen, but that's only because we are one.

Try to embrace our newfound unity & joy. The more of us feel it, the more others feel it as well.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Zep, is that actually you? What happened to your repressed homosexual flair? And you have only 625 posts? You make that many shitposts in a single afternoon if your hand isn't too tired from playing with yourself.

I think some non-Zep citizen is impersonating the Codex's trolliest troll.

Edit: Aha! Click Reply on someone's post and all will be revealed.

scoobbb.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I would like to report that quoting still gives individual names to Citizens. This is unacceptable and must be purged.

Saduj

Arcane
Two of the most highly anticipated rpgs in recent history, Stygian and Disco Elysium, are coming out today and next week. That makes this a serious time when we must pull in one direction as citizens. There is still much work to do if the Codex is to remain the one place on the Internet where rpgs are discussed intelligently. Talking points as to why these games are shit must be crafted and used to shut down any positive reaction to these releases. The developers must be driven away. Any citizen who doesn’t fall in line must be identified and tagged for the safety of all. Only when these new threats have been mitigated and the Grand Circle Jerk is secured can we reclaim our identities.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
No forum can survive this kind of annoyance for long. I bet visits and posts must be record-low. This leads to three possibilities.

1) I am wrong, people is loving the hivemind, the forum will survive
2) I am right, and admins know too, so they're really trying to kill the forum.
3) I am right, but admins don't know they're kiling the forum, or just underestimate how much this pisses off posters. Maybe even think this is funny.

Incompetence (3) is a simpler explanation than conspiracy (2) so my bet is on 3.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
We are slowly becoming 4chan.

Guilt by association, or subtle truth in advertising?

‘OK’ hand gesture, ‘Bowlcut’ added to hate symbols database
https://apnews.com/48ae1303568b4b21813adb3bd6d592e5

The “Happy Merchant,” one of the new database entries, is an anti-Semitic meme that depicts a stereotypical image of a bearded Jewish man rubbing his hands together. Another addition, the “Moon Man” meme, is derived from “Mac Tonight,” a character in a McDonald’s advertising campaign during the 1980s. Internet trolls transformed the sunglasses-wearing cartoon moon into a vehicle for rap songs with racist and violent lyrics.

JasonMack

Literate
OK FUCK YOU ALL. I made this thread so I can end it.

I signed up in good faith and would've been happy to donate if it meant access to the hidden forums. Hell I'm a long-time lurker - I know those extra forums USED to be freely available to all a long time ago, but in an effort to make more money they got hidden and either required long-term accounts or payment. In other words, the admins here basically too the micro-transaction route we all hate and wanted to make more money doing basically noting to deserve it.

But that's cool, it's not like anyone has any integrity left anymore. I mean anything for a buck right? That's the way the world works after all and I accepted it as such. But this inability to stop a stupid joke is ruining any ability to communicate properly between everyone else. It's beating a dead horse in the worst possible way, and despite being the potential for the death of a forum is still in effect.

(I am aware of course the admins might find a rant such as this proof of why keeping the "joke" going is worth it, but some things needs to be said).

Maybe I'll return with another account someday. But clearly this was the wrong time. Now bring on the shit, disagree and all manner of negative buttons/reactions (and possibly autist). I'll just hack this place and remove them later. Oh wait, what's that? I have access? Yup. Unfortunately the XenForo forum software has a number of vulnerabilities and the version used on RPGCodex is old enough for some of them to be exploitable. Huh. Maybe I'll fix the avatar/name problem myself...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom