Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

first sort of showstopping bug: doc costa or whatshisname despawned and there are no console commands whatsoever.

PrettyDeadman

The codex is filled with combatfags
Planescape torment is still the #1 RPG in the top xxx poll several times in a row

Disco elysium is the second coming and then some.
Planescape: Torment isn't an rpg though. All threads about it and all posts mentioning it should be moved to https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/adventure-gaming.24/
Dude, how about go fuck yourself with your fucking edgy ass shit posts. Are you done yet?
So, you are a post-2014 account AND and planescape:tormentcel? Thats just disgraceful.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, you are a post-2014 account AND and planescape:tormentcel? Thats just disgraceful.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-previews-and-interviews.128971/#post-6247370

Up above is my post about TOW, that stated exactly what we're discussing today: it has bad stuff, it has good stuff, but it's bland - aimed at the 100 IQ demographic.

A few posts above my post is you. In hindsight, edgy as fuck, amirite?

Sucking your own cock must sound nice - but tell me more about you having made an account here much earlier than I, because that's the true measure of quality of posts and ideas, amirite?

Amirite, dawg?

How about P:T - is it still not an RPG?

Get the fuck out.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Just playing this in normal. Way too easy. Is Supernova very HP bloated? Don't want to empty one mag after another.
It is. Enemies have more HP, and deal x2 damage, I think? It's fallout difficulty. Suggestion: Go melee or handguns. Heavy weapons is also possible and long guns is lolguns.

oregano12

Educated
Monarch has been the most interesting part of the game thus far, but man that side quest where you have to look for the missing dock employee was so embarassing.

Not only its almost a complete rip-off of the Andale unmarked quest from Fallout 3, but its an extremely poorly executed rip-off. The second you enter the house its like they just slaped a neon sign saying "we are a family of canibals" to the player. Theres no suspense because the twist is too on the nose for you to care about what you will find inside the house.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Monarch has been the most interesting part of the game thus far, but man that side quest where you have to look for the missing dock employee was so embarassing.

Not only its almost a complete rip-off of the Andale unmarked quest from Fallout 3, but its an extremely poorly executed rip-off. The second you enter the house its like they just slaped a neon sign saying "we are a family of canibals" to the player. Theres no suspense because the twist is too on the nose for you to care about what you will find inside the house.

Worst quest of the game imo.

Vorark

Erudite
I hadn't noticed this while playing, but most of the NPCs in a prominent position are women. And when they are men, they are often incompetent, or of questionable character. After you see this, it's practically impossible to unsee, because it's very explicit. I can't say that this was a big problem for me because, as I said, I hadn't noticed it when I was playing, it wasn't something that I consciously paid attention to. But on the other hand, looking back, it's really impossible not to notice that, yes, there is an agenda behind these choices, it's too obvious to be by chance.

Tyranny was a bit like that, although I remember there were decent male characters too. I'm trying to remember if Pillows had anything similar yet every single time I think of that game my mind draws a blank.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
You didn't get the memo? The more you hate on Obsidian, the cooler you are.
Hating on Obsidian isn't fun for me. Despite their games getting increasingly worse, I'm still an kind of an Obsidian fanboy at heart, and it hasn't sunk in for me yet that Obsidian will probably never again develop anything nearly as good as their pre-Dungeon Siege 3 games.

JDR13

Arcane
Hating on Obsidian isn't fun for me. Despite their games getting increasingly worse, I'm still an kind of an Obsidian fanboy at heart, and it hasn't sunk in for me yet that Obsidian will probably never again develop anything nearly as good as their pre-Dungeon Siege 3 games.

Personally, I always thought much of their older stuff was a little overrated. FO: NV was pure incline, but NWN 2 was too clunky for me, and I thought Alpha Protocol was awful.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Personally, I always thought much of their older stuff was a little overrated. FO: NV was pure incline, but NWN 2 was too clunky for me, and I thought Alpha Protocol was awful.
And Alpha Protocol is one of my all-time favorite games. That's just my opinion, though.

Codex Year of the Donut
They've made worse e.g., NWN2(OC), DS3. I really can't think of a single redeeming thing about those, at least TOW's reactivity is very notable.
Also, they worked on an MMORPG that absolutely everyone forgot about.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
They've made worse e.g., NWN2(OC),
Basically a fluke, as was proven with Mask of the Betrayer coming out a year later.

DS3
Also, they worked on an MMORPG that absolutely everyone forgot about.
I said pre-DS3. :D Armored Warfare was just an MMO, not RPG. I have no interest in tank MMOs, but from what I understand the people who do play those games agreed that Obsidian's version of it was good, before the publisher took control over development and started ruining it (at least that's what I gathered from the backlash at the time when it happened).

JDR13

Arcane
And Alpha Protocol is one of my all-time favorite games. That's just my opinion, though.

Yeah, AP is one of those games where most people either love it or hate it.

I think a lot of it has to do with the setting. For me, the realistic modern-day setting holds zero appeal. I didn't care for the gameplay either though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom