Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Taste Thread

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm making a cyberpunk hentai/SRPG game about hookers, so where does that put me?

PNG-Characterlogo3.png

mushaden

Scholar
I bought Stygian D1P but not Disco Elysium. I was very uninformed and it seemed like I got that wrong in hindsight. I'm wondering though, maybe I didn't? Curious what you tasteful people say. Of course I should have bought neither at full price, but indulge me.

Deleted Member 16721

I always get told I have shitty taste, even though I don't know how that's possible considering I love all the classic CRPGs that get endless praise here and are some of my most loved games. But because I also love Skyrim and Oblivion I get labeled as having shitty taste. Beeyotch please, get on my level so you can appreciate every CRPG for one reason or another and enjoy all the games. :)

Efe

Erudite
Congratulations!

By opening this volume you have taken the first step on a truly epic journey, a voyage through the vast landscape of Role Playing Games and its myriad joys and wonders. You will explore scents, flavors, and textures so exquisite, they will seem impossible. But they are more than possible!

Indeed, by following the carefully selected recipes presented in this book, you will play extraordinary games with such ordinary ease, those around you will suspect sorcery. But the only magic is that which exists in your own heart, the passion you possess for playing delicious, amazing games that can be acquired easily and enjoyed endlessly.

Start here, and some day, you too can be a Gourmet!

Torment Souffle
Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 Ounces Quality Storytelling
  • 1 Ounce Choices
  • 1 Ounce Divergent Solution Paths
  • 9 Ounces Consequences
  • A Dash of Salt
  • A Dash of Pepper
  • A Cupful of Ground Biodrone Tears
Recipe
  • Stoke the flames of your oven, and achieve a moderate heat.
  • Grate the storytelling into thin shavings by running a finely honed elven dagger over the block.
  • Separate the choices from the consequences, and beat the choices vigorously until they thicken.
  • Begin preparation of the signature Torment Sauce! Melt the Divergent Paths, and add in the Choices while stirring continuously until well blended. Move the mixture to a smaller flame and begin gently stirring in the milk. It is crucial that you do not stop stirring! Continue to do so for ten minutes, until the mixture thickens. Then, and only then, will the Torment Sauce be considered ready.
  • Add the salt, pepper, and Biodrone Tears, and remove from the flame.
  • Add in the grated Storytelling, and then the Consequences. Stir well until fully blended. Then, gently add in the Choices with a spoon made of carved hickory wood.
  • Gently pour the mix into four stonework souffle' dishes, filling each nearly (but not quite!) to the top.
  • Put the dishes in your moderately hot oven and shut that door! Keep sealed for 25 minutes, or your scrumptious suns will rise, only fall down flat into the oven's abyss.
  • Remove after 25 minutes, and serve immediately.
Behold, the brilliance of the sun, and the exquisite flavor of the Torment Souffle'!

Mark Richard

Arcane
The sickly porcelain skin and celibate lifestyle speaks to my credibility. Good taste is only achievable through such sacrifices. Few in human history will even approach the level of mastery I currently wield.

That concludes my suicide note.

I never play E.A or David Cage games, I have no Xbox except that I won the first one in a contest, I love Nintendo and classic ROMs, I am one of the few guys here who are not Nazis, so I am posting.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What if I have good taste in some areas but mediocre in others?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I like good art direction and atmosphere. RPG orthodoxy and "wargaming" can go fuck themselves.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What does it have to do with RPGs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom