Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Deleted Member 22431

Age of Sail City of abandoned ships has the same shit, you rescue the hot spanish lady in long quest got married in church and as reward got fleeced every month and barred from visiting brothels.

:dealwithit:

Did not played long enough to get to the kids part through.
The fun thing is that for such a simple game, Harvest Moon is packed with reactivity that mimics the adult world. Suppose you marry a girl. If you ignore her and treat her like shit (I did this on purpose to see what happens) she will leave you and move back with her parents. You need to gain her trust again if you want her back, LOL. I tried to cheat on her, but that was explicitly forbidden by the game. Also, you can only give presents to young single women -- married or older women aren't allowed. LOL

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Age of Sail City of abandoned ships has the same shit, you rescue the hot spanish lady in long quest got married in church and as reward got fleeced every month and barred from visiting brothels.

:dealwithit:

Did not played long enough to get to the kids part through.
The fun thing is that for such a simple game, Harvest Moon is packed with reactivity that mimics the adult world. Suppose you marry a girl. If you ignore her and treat her like shit (I did this on purpose to see what happens) she will leave you and move back with her parents. You need to gain her trust again if you want her back, LOL. I tried to cheat on her, but that was explicitly forbidden by the game. Also, you can only give presents to young single women -- married or older women aren't allowed. LOL

Looks like game made by :obviously: developers Comrade.

Deleted Member 22431

Now compare this with Stardew Valley, the Harvest Moon clone that was hugely successful. You don't have a single church in a rural city, but you do have an altar for a pagan god, a gay couple, a beggar saying he is not fit for daily responsibilities, an environmental movement quest, astrology, and new age hippy bullshit. It reflects the decadence of morals in the most transparent and unpretentious way.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Now compare this with Stardew Valley, the Harvest Moon clone that was hugely successful. You don't have a single church in a rural city, but you do have an altar for a pagan god, a gay couple, a beggar saying he is not fit for daily responsibilities, an environmental movement quest, astrology, and new age hippy bullshit..

Sounds like you played it quite extensively.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

Now compare this with Stardew Valley, the Harvest Moon clone that was hugely successful. You don't have a single church in a rural city, but you do have an altar for a pagan god, a gay couple, a beggar saying he is not fit for daily responsibilities, an environmental movement quest, astrology, and new age hippy bullshit..

My fiancée played.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Real Fanboy
The fanart for this game is so so fierce already!!!

29abbea199bad69f796c8b110e2881acf74f8aa6.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
this is driving me crazy, but I swear the soft piano melody that plays while you're walking around in Groundbreaker station sounds very similar to Laura's theme from TWIN PEAKS.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First patch is out now. 1GB download.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/112824-the-outer-worlds-patch-11-release-notes/

Greetings fellow spacers,

We want to let you all know that our Patch 1.1.1.0 has been released for all platforms!

Resolved Issues for Patch 1.1.1.0:
  • The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
  • Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
  • Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
  • The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced.
  • Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
  • Various quest fixes made including "Radio Free Monarch"
  • The achievement/trophy for "It's Not the Best Choice" will pop correctly
  • Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest.
To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please visit the Technical Support forums for The Outer Worlds and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it to help reduce duplicate threads. If you find a thread that matches your issue or suggestion, then please feel free to leave a comment and include any details you would like to share.

If you are not able to find a similar thread, then please share it with us on our forums and then visit our publishing partner, Private Division, and share this issue with them through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and please continue to share with us anything you come across. You all are amazing, and we are very lucky to have you here with us.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

My fiancée played.
You watched.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Now compare this with Stardew Valley, the Harvest Moon clone that was hugely successful. You don't have a single church in a rural city, but you do have an altar for a pagan god, a gay couple, a beggar saying he is not fit for daily responsibilities, an environmental movement quest, astrology, and new age hippy bullshit. It reflects the decadence of morals in the most transparent and unpretentious way.
Western Indie devs are a progressive circlejerk where everyone knows everyone and they all fuck each other, too. You don't necessarily need to be part of the most degenerate shit but if you don't signal your progressiveness to your fellow devs I'd reckon you'd get excluded real fast and connections are important. The Holowka thing that happened a few months ago is one of the few times where the incestuous nature of the indie dev community bubbled to the surface.

jf8350143

Liturgist
TOW gets nominated by TGA as best game of the year, along with death stranding, control, smash brothers, RE2 remake and shadow die twice.

Also nominated for best narrative, best RPG.

Ashely Burch get nominated as best performance for playing Pravati.

The best RPG list is some next level bullshit, even more so than last year. Other than TOW and Disco, the rest are Monster Hunder world(last year TGA's best RPG)'s DLC, kingdom hearts 3 and FF14(an Online game). Last year it has 4 RPGs in the list while the only one that aren't win.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

don't hold it against me but i don't trust your critique for grimoire, but that's because i'm super patient when it comes to blobbers. although, a few other people i talk to said it's just far inferior compared to f:nv in terms of world-building and quest design so ehhhhhh

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
can someone give me the skimmy if this game is worth your trouble or not. i want to know if dumping 60 dollars on this is worth it
It is worth pirating only to bitch about it here :smug:

But no,it is not worth any money,just replay new vegas or ELEX. That is what i am doing now,it just made me itch for some good open world.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
can someone give me the skimmy if this game is worth your trouble or not. i want to know if dumping 60 dollars on this is worth it

TOW is far inferior to F:NV, but that doesn't mean it's not worth playing. I'm having fun so far with TOW, though my biggest criticism for the game is that the more I play it... the more it just makes me miss F:NV.

Oh, also you can get TOW for $1 over at Microsoft's new Game Pass service for PC.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
maybe. i don't feel like fucking with the game pass service. i might buy TOW for like 15 dollars in a year or something because i'm hoping it'll have an expansion pack with far better quests

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom