Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This Land Is My Land - open world Western where you play a native American

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
yeah, from what I could read from the UI you can just set a minimum amount for each item/resource (for each camp) and your warriors will gather/craft automatically.

They need to seriously change this placeholder UI asap, otherwise they will be hit with massive negative scores when they land on Steam.

From the videos I watched they aim for a polished release but the gameplay looks repetitive and the strategic layer a work intensive nightmare. What I see is a solid prototype of a potentially fantastic game (kudos to Game-Labs for finally trying a real strategic/fps hybrid instead of the usual stealth popamole) but right now it just boils down to: killing whiteys which are dumb asf, drinking buckbrush tea to regain health, riding around and managing inventories ad nauseum.

I don't even know if it is fun yet because it looks more like a strategy game in which you endlesslay play out the same options you have: A ambush B gather resources C manage camp. The streamers don't even fucking die most of the time although they kept being spotted and shot at but simply drank it away with buckbrush tea. We can only hope that they add the fun and tactical aspects later.

I don't like this 1 man army tactics in the video but there was an episode where he ordered an attack with his fellow clan where for the first time I thought *this could be fun* and a bit like Mount & Blade on a real open world size map.

Very ambitious game that could still fall flat when it is not developed long enough.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
the videos I saw did not truly make want to play the game. Graphics are great but it looked more like "extermination of the Caucasians". Gameplay consisted entirely of killing mentally handicapped whiteys and dragging their bodies to some place safe and repeat the killing until the entire supply of White men is weeded out.

Instead of being a native american psycho I rather wanted something like native indian simulator - including hunting, sitting in tents during bad weather and such.

PrettyDeadman

the videos I saw did not truly make want to play the game. Graphics are great but it looked more like "extermination of the Caucasians". Gameplay consisted entirely of killing mentally handicapped whiteys and dragging their bodies to some place safe and repeat the killing until the entire supply of White men is weeded out.

Instead of being a native american psycho I rather wanted something like native indian simulator - including hunting, sitting in tents during bad weather and such.
This sounds BASED and DOPE.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Sounds like a self-loathing white man's moistest dream come true. Wrong era for me, I wanted something like this:

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

I'm sure all 7 full blooded natives left in North America will enjoy this fine piece of entertainment. There were 10, but sadly 3 more died this month due to complications from diabetes and alcoholism.

Tribal AA and NA substance abuse counseling simulator. Now that's an untouched genre worth looking into. Do you spend that last $20k on a new methadone vending machine, or on a wheelchair ramp for the drummer boy who lost his legs in Iraq fighting for Uncle Sam? Decisions, decisions.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Is there a mode to play as the good guys?

Playing as a dead white guy corpse wouldn't be very entertaining, unfortunately.
OtTMmLI.png

a cut of domestic sheep prime

How do you know he's white under all that scar tissue anyway?
because in the flashback in the intro he's white af

the guy in the makeup is some dead azn guy tho iirc

vota DC

Augur

But you can't scream this land Is my land to wandering wild animals.

Jinn

Arcane
So, uh, this came out of Early Access today apparently. Any codexers playing it? I've been interested in it since this thread was made, but always wondered if it was going to come together. Very eager to read some impressions. Hope it's good!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom